Chapter 5

Alice stood there starstruck, Jack was dead. No. No, he couldn't be dead this couldn't be happening. She felt tears well up in her eyes. She began crying and Dylan sat her down in the car and gave her a pat on the shoulder. She didn't know this is what came with the job. Poor Jack. She saw Dylan take a call and come back angry but when he saw her crying he shook off the anger. She just sat there while everyone discussed everything, she couldn't bring herself to join the conversation. Unfortunately, another officer had to come over and force her to join the conversation " What's with you and that Daniel kid"

"What do you mean"

"I saw you too flirt during interrogation and Dylan said you didn't shoot him when you had the chance"

"He didn't have a weapon I couldn't shoot him"

" uh-huh. Anyway, He has an obvious infatuation with you we can use you as bait"

"No"

"why not? Are you working with them? You wanna save your little magic boyfriend?"

She scowled " Because he obviously has ways of getting out of things and using me as bait is super suspicious plus if they put their guard up even further we won't be able to sneak any info on them"

Before the officer asshole could answer Dylan cut in " I have to agree with Alice here. It's too risky and they have ways of disappearing." She smiled, even though he was probably only doing it so that his horsemen would be safe he still defended her and that was sweet of him

"Thank you Dylan"

"Of course Alice"

-----

Standing in the vault she could easily see that it was the same trick they pulled with the rabbit just- on a much bigger scale. She couldn't control her snicker when one of the officers was triggered and started playing the violin. Sitting in the back of the truck with the fake safe she felt her stomach flip. She had one chance to get the card to the horsemen without anyone knowing and she really couldn't blow it.

(I'm skipping writing about them finding out it was a fake vault and so they're already on the roof where the horsemen are saying their goodbyes. sorryyyy)

They disappeared in the smoke and reappeared on a structure behind everyone with large lights beaming up at the sky. She noticed Daniel wink in her direction before they started running off the roof. Now's her chance. Just before Daniel Jumped she threw a card and watched it land in his pocket. Watching him turn into money. 

She was quick to pick up at least one of each of the bills with their faces. These would look great framed in her office. She looked at Dylan who was feigning bafflement. He looked down at her and smiled "Sorry I was so rude to you. You were a great partner" She smiled back

"it was a pleasure working with you" She gave him a hug and he looked surprised but hugged her back. She turned to leave after that, she had a party to crash