106

Taehyung hummed a song he heard on the radio as he was busy fumbling with his dinner, sitting alone at the table. In five days he was going to Busan, yet again, for Jimin's wedding. The thought made his insides twist with happiness for his best friend. It was still weird thinking about Jimin, the same guy who had everyone drooling at his feet in high school, settling down with a man after years of relationship. Taehyung really couldn't imagine it happening with anyone but Yoongi.

Also, he was going to meet Jeongguk again.

Taehyung blushed "when did I become so clingy? I saw him less than two weeks ago"
It's not like he was actually surprised. Since he and Jeongguk met each other for the first time, parting their ways had always been difficult and it only got worse when they made it official.

Taehyung smiled as he remembered how Jimin teased him, telling him to just move to Busan already, and for a moment he let himself imagine how that would be, living next to his best friend. Maybe, in the future, living with Jeongguk.

He could feel his face becoming hot as he rushed to his feet, picking up his plate and his glass to put them in the sink. He shook his head in disbelief: he was really becoming too corny for his own good.

He was wondering where Yeontan was, since he needed some cuddles, when he felt his phone ringing somewhere. He walked to the couch, thinking it was Jimin panicking about the wedding (it had already happened a couple of times, his friend was really anxious sometimes) but when he took it in his hand the name on the screen wasn't the one he expected.

He and Jeongguk often talked on the phone, pretty much every day, but they always planned it. So when Taehyung saw "Jeonngukie <3" on the display, for a moment he thought something was wrong.

- Hey - he said, a little breathless, worried for no reason.
He heard some noises, like sheets, and relief washed over him when Jeongguk greeted him back with his sleepy, beautiful voice.

- Hey, hyung. Sorry if I'm calling this late, but... - the end of the sentence was mumbled in the device and Taehyung didn't catch it.
- I'm sorry, what did you say? -

Jeongguk sighed - I said I miss you, so I wanted to hear your voice. Sorry -
Taehyung stayed silent for a couple of seconds and his face almost split in half with the huge smile that was growing on his lips.

How was he so cute. For real, Taehyung didn't know how he was going to survive to their relationship.
- Why in the world are you apologizing? God, you're so cute - Taehyung threw himself on the couch and bit his lip, still smiling. He could hear Jeongguk whining and protesting, saying something along the lines of "I'm not cute" but he ignored him.

- I miss you a lot too, you know? - he whispered. Yeontan trotted in the living room and jumped on the couch, sitting against his leg - can't wait to see you, next week -
Jeongguk sighed - I can't wait either. Living in two different cities is a curse, I'd move to Daegu in this exact moment but you would probably think I'm a psychopath or something -

Taehyung laughed out loud, blushing - I wouldn't think you're a psychopath. Besides, I think I'll be the one moving to Busan in the future -
Jeongguk slightly chocked, clearly surprised by the answer and Taehyung carded his fingers through Yeontan's fur.

- What are you doing? - he whispered after some seconds. One of the things he loved the most about Jeongguk was the fact that he never felt uncomfortable with the younger man. Even if they stayed silent for hours, he never felt awkward or bored.
- Nothing cool - Jeongguk replayed - I played a bit of Animal Crossing -

- Great game - Taehyung interrupted him, making the younger laugh - yeah, then I tried to sleep but I kept thinking about you like a dumb teenager experiencing his first crush -