three

Days passed, her hand was getting better and better everyday

It was potions class, with professor Snape. He wanted all of the students to work in pairs, celeste was instructed to work with tom. Not a fun experience working a task with tom, all he did was just staring at her coldly. He didn't even say a word, she did most of the work.

"You're doing it wrong, celeste." He rolled his eyes. 

"Oh thank god, finally you have a voice and actually paying attention."

"What?"

"I was doing it wrong so you will notice and help me. Thank god, it worked." She said.

"You could've just asked me." He said.

"Yeah no way. You're scary. I rather work by myself than start a conversation with you."

He laughed. "You're weird, cherry."

She widened her eyes, he called her cherry again. She couldn't help but smile, and blushed a little. No one ever gave her cute nicknames before. And he was the first person ever to give her nickname, that only belongs to him.

After class, celeste hung out with luna and cho at the library to work on potions essay. Cedric was also in the library, so of course cho joined him, since they were together. It was just luna and celeste now.

"I saw you enjoying potions earlier." Said luna.

"What? I'd never enjoy potions. I hate it."

"Really? I saw a big smile and heard laughter." Said luna again, teasing her.

She knew excatly what was luna talking about.

"OH. About that. He was being silly, joking around." She said.

Luna smiled and continue working on her essay. And so did she.

Celeste went to the astronomy tower alone tonight to read her favorite novel, all of the sudden, she found tom sitting in the corner, he hadn't notice that she is also here.

"Alone?"

He flinched a little and looks over to celeste.

"What are you doing here?" He gets up and walks to her.

"It's my favorite spot. Just reading my novel."

"How was your hand?"

"It's fine. Still waiting for your sorry though." She teased him, and chuckle.

He raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"You know, for grabbing my hand too hard."

"It's not my fault that your hand was hurting isn't it? Draco was the one who pushed you."

Her facial expression changed. She was annoyed, celeste got up and closed the novel roughly and start walked away from him, she went back to the common room.

"Hey where are you going?" Asked tom.

"As far away as i can from you."

Celeste went back to her dorm, annoyed. Luna and cho, who were sitting in front of the fireplace, saw her annoyed face, they decided to check if she was okay. They followed celeste.

"Hey what's wrong?" Asked cho.

"Not in a mood. I'll sleep."

"No. We're not gonna let you sleep feeling like that. Tell us." Said luna.

She sighed, yet decided to tell her two best friends everything.

"Why is it so hard to say sorry. It only takes 2 seconds."

"Who are you talking about?" Asked cho.

"Tom. Definetly Tom Riddle." Said luna.

"Oh Merlin, Celeste, he's heartless, what do you expect from him?" Cho rolled her eyes.

"I know he's a Slytherin and all but even Draco Malfoy says sorry."

"Yeah but it's tom we're talking about. Tom riddle, Celeste. What do you expect from someone like him?" Said Cho who began to lose her patience with Celeste.

Celeste was confused at the moment, and lost. She raised an eyebrow, waiting for one of them to continued the conversation.

"Wait. You don't know?" Asked luna.

"Know what?"

"The story? About Tom?" Asked cho

Celeste shook her head as a simple no.

"Oh Merlin, are you even a Hogwarts student? Everyone knows about tom's backstory and you don't? C, Are you even alive right now?" Cho couldn't believe it, the fact that Celeste didn't know anything about Tom Riddle

"When i say he's heartless, i mean it. He wasn't supposed to be born. His mother gave his father a love potion. So his father never loved his mother and tom. His father died when he was a little, someone murdered him. He can't love someone truly and He can't feel love, that's the curse." Cho is explaining everything.

Finally, Celeste knew a little bit of him. But still, she refused to agree with that.

"But you all seen it, he gave me a painkiller, that doesn't look heartless to me. A sorry, is all i want."

"I don't know C, just, don't expect something more from him, okay? You'll hurt yourself." Said cho, trying to calm Ceeste.

"C, you're tired. Let's get you to bed." Luna helps her clean up and accompany her to sleep.

Cho was outside making her something hot to drink, to calmed her mind, to made her relax a little bit and felt comfortable, at least. Luna was still in the bedroom with celeste.

After she took a sip, luna stroked her hair gently and slowly. Luna would always do so when she found out that her best friend was sad. She would try so hard to calmed her down.

"I can't sleep."

"But you have to. We have class tomorrow." Said Luna.

"Ugh, yeah, i know."

"I'll go to bed now. Good night, C."

"Night, Luna."

~