eleven

First day of school in 1998, the new year. Everyone looked fresh, new haircut, new hairstyle, new looks. Everyone was looking really good. First day of school, was the day that everybody loved here in hogwarts.

Celeste was still in the bathroom, brushing her hair and fixing her uniform. Luna and cho had finished already and waiting for celeste.

"Come on, C. I'm hungry." Said luna.

"Yeah, yeah one sec." Celeste shouted from inside the bathroom.

Final touch, candy parfume, and she's ready. She opened the bathroom door and step out. Looking beautiful and fresh as always.

"Wow. Trying to impress Mr. Riddle?" Teased cho.

"Sstttt. What if someone heard you? And no. I'm not trying to impress anyone. So let's go."

They made their way to the great hall to have a breakfast. Every first day of school, dumbledore would always gave the students a welcoming speech. And it was always the same welcoming speech every year.

Celeste sat in front of luna and cho. Cedric saw cho, he made his way to the ravenclaw table to see his girl. He kissed cho and gave her chocolates, a new year's gift. He also gave celeste and luna a chocolate. Again, this was why cedric is celeste's favorite.

Tom, looking gorgeous with his usual wavy hair, strong scent, and tall figure. He loved to make an entrance. Well, to be clear, he didn't do anything. He was just passing by like the other students. But everyone had their eyes on tom like he was a celebrity. No wonder, he looked handsome this morning.

Before he sat with the other slytherins, he waved at celeste. That, succesfully made everyone in the hall turned their head and looked over to celeste. Her cheeks were burning as she realized everyone was staring at her. She just simply waved back and smiled.

"Okay, what was that?" Asked cho

"What? It's him, waving at me. What's wrong with that?"

"Clearly, to me, it's more than just a wave." Said luna.

Celeste shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I told you guys, he's a friend. Besides, we'll have our test this year. We'll be graduating. I want to focus on that." Said celeste.

First lesson, defence against dark arts, with professor lupin. It should be fun, right? He was teaching something about boggart. Everyone in the class showed their boggarts. Some were funny, and some were actually pretty scary.

It was celeste's turn, she stepped closer to professor lupin. He told her to have her wand ready at all time.

"Just say riddikulus, kid." He said.

Celeste was so afraid. She had no idea what her boggart is.

Turned out, celeste's boggart was herself, at her lowest, crying. She didn't even know why or what that means. She immediately get rid of the boggart.

"Riddikulus."

"Good job, miss nolan." Said professor lupin.

Celeste was secretly waiting for tom's turn. She was really curious about him. What did he truly fear? Did he have one at all?

Professor lupin asked tom to show him his boggart, but he refused. Lucky him, the class was over. He was saved. Too bad, she couldn't see what did tom riddle truly fear.

Celeste, cho, and luna went to the library after class. Not to study, to read some books and probably talked about some things.

Then a boy just entered the library. A boy that celeste had never seen entering a library  before. He made his way to the corner of the room, where celeste and her friends were sitting at the moment. All eyes landed on him.

"Tom? What are you doing here?" Asked celeste.

"Professor snape gave me this task, and he wants me to do it with you. He said you understand this quite well."

"Alright, time to leave." Said cho, then she grabbed luna's hand. They both left her with tom, but before that, they took a look back to celeste and gave her a cheeky smile.

Tom sat beside celeste. He was scanning the room. Maybe he was amazed, maybe he wasn't. She couldn't tell.

"Never been here before?"

"No. It's my first time." He said.

"Welcome then."

Celeste grabbed her notebook. She flipped it, pages by pages, to find the blank page. As she turned the pages, he saw his drawings of her. It made him smile instantly, knowing that his cherry had kept the drawing.

He caught a glimpse of her picture in a green corduroy dress. He flipped the page once again then took the picture out from the notebook.

Celeste grabbed the picture from him, feeling embarressed. Or maybe just shy.

Tom smiled. "Beautiful dress, very slytherin."

She rolled her eyes.

"You're not supposed to see that." She said.

"Why? Cause you look pretty in that dress and you don't want me to fall for you? Relax cherry, i won't."

Celeste felt her cheeks burning. She might be blushing really hard right now. She was speechless, couldn't say anything, or maybe wouldn't say anything to make it more awkward.

"Let's just get to work, shall we?" She said.

~