eight

In time, everything got better

In time, everything got better. Celeste was still trying to adapt with everything. But she felt better. No conversation happened between her and Tom since that day. And she felt okay with that. In fact, maybe her feelings had fade away. Maybe it wasn't there at all. She wasn't sure. What she did know is that she forgave him. For everything. And she was ready for a conversation with him. But she would wait for him instead on making the first move.

About him and the gryffindor girl, turned out nothing happened between them. No more rumours, no more holding hands, nothing. It vanished just like that. No one was surprised though, even Celeste. That was just what he liked to do. And the girls who were with him, they seemed fine with it.

Celeste had shifted her focus on her N.E.W.T.s . After graduated, she wanted to become an auror, joining the ministry of magic.

Christmas was coming really soon. In two days, all of the hogwarts students would come home and spent the christmas holiday with their own famiies. Celeste packed her bags and stuffs, so did cho and luna.

All of the sudden, roger went inside the common room. He was looking for Celeste. He said that there is someone waiting for her outside the common room. When she asked who was waiting for her, he didn't say. He was told to not mention his name. Celeste rolled her eyes. she knew who was waiting for her. She went outside and found tom waiting for her.

It was time.

"Really? Trying to be mysterious, huh?"

"Wow, i didn't expect that, i thought you were mad at me." Said tom, who seemed really surprised by celeste's reaction.

"I'm not mad. In fact, i miss you." Celeste laughed.

"Still, i'm sorry, cherry."

It had been a while since celeste heard that name, she missed it. And a sorry, something new from him. She really didn't expect that. But she liked this new tom. Or perhaps, this was old tom, just hidden.

"Ah forget it. You packed already?" She asked.

"What for? No one's waiting for me at home."

There was an awkward silence for a while. His father is dead, she knew that. But he still had his mother. She wanted to ask but it felt rude. So she buried the question deep.

"I know christmas is in two days, you'll be leaving tomorrow, so i'll say it now, merry christmas, cherry." Said tom as he handed her a drawing. It was her sitting in the sand, watching the beach view just like she always liked.

"Wow, thanks. It's beautiful. And merry christmas too."

"I want something in return." Said tom, celeste rolled her eyes and laughed.

"What is it that you want?"

"Let's go to the music room, sing me a christmas song." Said tom.

Celeste agreed. She took him to the music room. She picked a song and sing it for him, as he wished.