Chapter Fifteen

* * *

It wasn't until the end of the week that Jack finally ended up in the ring with Sage. And they ended in a glorious tie.

Due to the fact that neither the she-wolf nor the Delta were going to back down.

This was a battle of ego, and even with a painful sprained wrist and a very bloody outcome on either side, neither backed down until the others stepped in and ended it with a draw.

Almost instantly did Sage bleed through the shirt provided for her.

"Damn Sage, are we still good?" Her eyes connected off towards him and she nodded her head forward in response.

"Fuck, she's got a nasty bite." Her wolf was basking in the comments, especially while Leo was getting the first aid kit.

"No, we need to bring her to the pack healer..." She huffed in confirmation, but even if she tried to rise to her feet, none of the males surrounding her would let her.

All in the assumption that she hurt her foot.

"No hurt." Liam scoffed.

"Goddess Sage, it's swollen!" The difference between this huff and the previous one to her adoptive father was one was out of agreement while the other was out of protest.

Though it was Luke that picked her up and started the walk-off to the medical facility. Sage stilled out of worry, but after seeing the familiar she-wolf, she felt more at ease.

The pack healer cleaned and dressed each of her injuries. Wrapping her wrist and ankle before moving on and stitching up the large gash at her side.

The girl started to protest in that regard.

"Nope, you have to get it stitched up, hun. It's not up for debate." Personally, she hated both the wraps or the stitches. As they made shifting uncomfortable.

But she did earn a lollypop at the end, so it was decently worth it.

When walking out of Kenzie's office, she was allowed to walk out on her own two feet. With little to no limp.

One of her diagnoses was that Sage had a high tolerance rate to not only to pain, but her healing factor was nearly maxed out.

Even now was everything healing at a considerable rate. But that didn't stop Liam from keeping an arm up and over her shoulder.

"Liam?...Luke? Damn, it feels like I'm seeing a ghost." Luke gritted his teeth as this was not the time for another introduction. But then again, it was his brother's lil crush, so he didn't have much of a say.

"Hey Ally, this isn't really a good time for—" Luke chuckled as it was an obviously bad picture all things considering, so he took the lead.

"Allison, this is our sister, Sage." The two she-wolves looked to one another in competition, but even in her form, Sage still held the higher level as she growled in damnation.

"Sage, that's rude...What do we do when we meet someone new?" Allison didn't understand who she was. Sure, 'sister' was a title, but it didn't give the entire backstory since Ally knew the Elwood's well.

"Hi." Either brother could've groaned out as there were days she was two steps forward or five steps back. And today was one of those days.

"Hey? It's nice to meet you?"

"We met Sage in the facility." Instantly Allison felt like a bitch for coming off so unempathetic to her situation. "Oh goddess, I'm sorry...What happened to her—"

Lacking Humanity|Crescent Moonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें