𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 | 𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

tw: mentions of gunshots, bullet wounds and blood.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The explosion wreaked havoc on the building, causing ceilings to cave in, shaking the very foundation of a home believed to be stronger than diamonds. Evidently, that was just a myth.

"A minute," JJ said.

"We come out of here alive. No matter what." Aaron said strongly, his head swarming with thoughts of his family.

"Oh no you don't." Hanson lifted her gun up, aiming it directly at Aaron.

She made sure it was loaded and was about to pull the trigger when three gunshots were heard, each from the three agents standing opposite to her.

JJ put a bullet in her chest.

Rossi, a bullet in her shoulder.

Aaron, a bullet in her head.

Her lifeless body crumpled to the ground, blood seeping out of her exposed bullet wounds, pooling around her body mercilessly, soaking into the hardwood floors like water to a sponge. The biggest indicator that she was no more.

"Let's go." Aaron said and started running.

His feet carried him as fast as he could. All those years of training for marathons, chasing after unsubs, running after his kids, they had unknowingly prepared him for this moment. And he was ready. Ready to beat the timer, to win the race. With Rossi and JJ hot on his heels.

Fallon was still unmoving as Derek held her close, their eyes burning with unshed tears and the reflection of an explosion that would haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Spencer was crying as he stood next to Emily, clutching onto her as he wept into her shoulder.

Emily, one could say one of the bravest in the team, wasn't feeling that bravery as she watched a catastrophe like no other. Her emotions—love, worry, fear, anger, hope—all blended together to form a bitter mix of sadness and longing.

And she longed for her team to walk out, prove that they still had more cases to solve, bars to go to, parties to attend, movies to watch. That they could all still assemble at the round table without three empty chairs where they once used to sit.

That they would still walk this Earth, with air filling their lungs with every breath, feeling their muscles ache after a long day.

That they were alive.

They ran through the house, Aaron could see the exit just meters away. He quickened his pace, hearing the loud thud of JJ and Rossi running after him.