The Day The World Ended

???: This is <stzz> message for <stzz> who can hear. We <stzz>. I repeat. <stzz> lost. Apocalyptic won.

Smoke and fire surrounded the entire city as screams of everyone who was left echoed through the air. As another building toppled over under it's own weight, a very injured boy limped his way through the destroyed streets. He sent out the signal. The one that told whoever could hear it that they had lost.

How many were dead now? He didn't know. What he did know was that this world was going to die. There was no question about it. It was only a matter of time before it collapsed on itself and every soul that was unfortunate enough to survive, well, they won't have much to worry about for much longer.

The boy found the remains of the place he called home before long. Seems no one else had gotten there yet. Or, if anyone was still alive, that is.

He entered the ruined mansion and allowed himself to rest against the wall, or what was left of it, in the main room. The sounds of sirens could still be heard outside as well as the distant explosions from the nations doing what they could. The boy knew they were too late.

They disregard the Professor's warning simply because he's a mutant. It always happened this way. It never changes even in the face of their destruction.

The boy's head snapped up when he heard someone approach the room. He lifted his hand to his visor but the figure came into view which made him relax enough to sigh.

???: Jean.

Jean Grey

Jean Grey. Marvel Girl. Telepathic abilities. 18 years old.

Jean: Scott!

Scott Summers

Scott Summers. Cyclops. Optical lasers. 18 years old.

The girl ran over to her friend and kneeled down to check him over. He just put a hand up and shook his head.

Scott: I'm fine. Just a bit, scratched up.

Jean looked at him once more before she lowered her head and silently began to cry. Scott began to reach out to her but stopped. He closed his hand and let it fall beside him.