Episode 7: "A heart's melody..."

At the end of Episode 6:   Özgür was more convinced of this the moment Yeşim looked up at him as they moved to the terrace. He understood it even better as she set her cup down and approached him the same way Ezgi did a day before. But she was no Ezgi. He was sure of that. He also realized that the woman who brought her hands up and wrapped them around his neck did not stir any feelings in him. None whatsoever. 

**********

(Author's Note:  We encourage you to read to the end of Episode 7. Please give us your feedback and be sure to vote. Thank you!)

********** 

Love moves. It moves the world. It moves mountains. And it moves hearts into believing that anything is possible. As long as the heart allows the soul to hear the melody that forms in the rhythm of the beloved one's heartbeat. 

Özgür stood on the terrace of his apartment and felt an odd sensation. He felt mildly not impressed by the woman who wrapped her hands around his neck and attempted to kiss him. That feeling was as new to him as the thought forming in his mind that he hoped for that woman to be... someone else. He also began to wonder why exactly he brought Yeşim home... and why it no longer felt right.

Instead of concentrating on the task at hand, his thoughts were miles away. Though it was not the distance that bothered him. It was the person around whom his thoughts revolved. It was Ezgi, his new employee. Ezgi, his next-door neighbor. Ezgi, the woman he pretended not to have any feelings for.

He felt Yeşim get closer and closer. She all but melted against him. He did not know whether he should accept her advances or turn his head to the side. Thankfully, Tesla resolved that problem for him. He heard Tesla bark and saw him run past him and Yeşim toward Ezgi's apartment. A thought ran through his mind. Actually, two thoughts. One, he hoped Ezgi returned home from her date with the loathsome Serdar. And two, he hoped she did not see what Tesla just interrupted. Nevertheless, the mood of the moment was gone and so was his interest in continuing the evening with Yeşim. He dismissed her as politely as he could and went to check on things more important to him.

With Tesla in tow, Özgür went to check if Ezgi returned. He was not ashamed to use Tesla as an excuse. At least not to Ezgi. If Ezgi saw him alone on her side of the terrace, she would have figured out that he was checking up on her. But since he came with Tesla, he would be able to say that he just came after him to bring him back to his side of the terrace. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the lights were on in her apartment. The balcony door was open and the window curtains danced gently in the evening breezes of Istanbul. Ah, he thought, Ezgi returned home. The dinner was not a long one after all.

But it was Cansu that walked onto the terrace. She looked around then went back inside. Özgür hugged Tesla a bit tighter and made his way back to his side of the terrace. Ezgi was not home. She was not back. Obviously, her dinner with Serdar did not end yet. Unable to sit still, and worse, unable to think about anything else except Ezgi, Özgür tried to take his mind off what troubled him. He turned on his music and played with Tesla. He was glad to have his dog back home. Glad too that Tesla not only saved him from the awkward situation with Yeşim, but also from feeling sorry for himself right now. What he wasn't aware of though was that the louder he played his music, the more heartbreak and overthinking he caused to the very woman he tried to get his mind off.

Way too early for him, the next morning Özgür got up, made coffee, and went outside to his terrace. He had to admit he did not feel any better than the night before. He looked toward Ezgi's apartment, and silently hoped he might have seen her right about now. It was not like him to think about a woman for so long. It definitely wasn't like him to wonder whether any woman liked him or not. If she did, good for her and better for him. If not, he never wasted his time. Not even half of a split second. Except, Ezgi was not just "any woman".