Bonus Chapter #1

So... it's been a while :)

I have written a few bonus chapters to 'Heart and Soul', which I will be publishing throughout the next few weeks for anyone who might want to read. Hopefully, when I'm done with that, I will have a new story ready to publish!

Hopefully.

The first bonus chapter is Joey's POV of Carter's cafeteria very early 2000s drama. I noticed through your comments that he was a well-liked character, so I hope you like it!

***

Unlike Every Other Day — Joey POV

*this chapter contains multimedia relevant to the plot*

Joey put down his phone

Joey put down his phone. He had no idea what to think.

From his perspective, what had happened in the locker room earlier that day had escalated way too fast and completely out of nowhere.

He had been the one to tell the others about Carter and Seth's escapade to the Everglades with the Santoros and Coach's family. At the time, the others reacted exactly the way he expected that piece of useless information deserved.

The mean little smile on Bobby's face when he brought it up in the locker room hinted at something else, though. The look Carter shot Joey too.

Joey had heard Scott call Coach's son 'Nancy Mason' before, but he thought it was just a dumb joke that no one took too seriously or found too funny. That was the only kind of jokes Scott usually had.

Carter's reaction showed he did take it seriously, though. And Seth's, above all.

Of course, Scott did use... that word. Which was taking it more than a little too far. Especially if he was going for simple locker room banter. 

No, yeah, that word was definitely too far.

And then Chaz came in. And he looked worried. Like he was taking it seriously too. And, after that word was thrown in, Joey supposed that was acceptable.