Bonus Chapter #2

Heyy... so I sort of went AWOL again, but I'm back and I will be posting the bonus chapters I had planned. And there IS a new story coming out in April (that's a commitment I am making).

These bonus chapters will be mostly about the secondary characters, including scenes from the story through their POV and extra scenes to give you an idea of what was happening in these characters' lives in my head. If you're not at all interested in secondary characters, most of these might not be for you, but I am having fun writing them and I'll publish them anyway for whoever might have fun reading them :)

There are lots of scenes with Carter and Johnny that I have planned, but I am saving them for the sequel that I am more and more sure I will write.

This one is all about JENNA. It is divided in two shorter stories. IF YOU WANT TO SKIP STRAIGHT TO CARTER AND JOHNNY'S APPEARANCE, read just the second one.

(read the first for some more Joey being Joey)

Help Out a Friend Jenna POV

"Yeah, but like... How do you know if you've never been with a guy?"

"I just know," Jenna grumbled, staring down at her frozen yogurt cup.

Joey shifted in his seat across the table. The plastic legs of his chair squeaked against the tiled floor as he did. "But you never even kissed a boy before," he argued stubbornly.

Jenna fought the urge to smash his own giant froyo in his face.

"I don't have to."

"But how do you know you don't know that you don't have to..." he trailed off as he seemed to lose track of his point, "... to know?" He finished, eyebrows furrowing. Only Joey could confuse himself with his own words.

Jenna rolled her eyes. "How do you know you're not gay if you've never been with a guy?"

Joey's baby blue eyes widened dramatically. "I don't know," he squeaked, jerking his shoulders.

"You sure this is still about my lesbianism, buddy?"

He leaned over the table toward her and she leaned back on her chair to get some personal space back. "I just want to know, like, who decided to start labeling people according to who they bang, and what were the rules. Like, how do you know?"

Jenna pinched the bridge of her nose. She considered answering his question seriously, but then she remembered who she was dealing with. It wasn't unusual for Joey to dive into intense musings regarding deep topics, despite lacking the cognitive depth to handle them properly. His heart was in the right place, but his brain was usually on a year-long vacation.

Also, she wanted this conversation over, not encouraged.

"You see naked guys in the locker room all the time. Does it turn you on?" She tried.

Joey winced. "No."

"Then you're not into dong," she said flatly.

"How do you know?"

"I don't, Joey," she snapped.

Obviously, she had made a stupid argument. Joey required a great deal of over-simplification to find a point and she just wanted to drop the neuron-defiling conversation.

"Only you can decide what your sexuality is," she continued irritably. "Fuck a guy if you're curious. Or not. Watch me give zero fucks either way."

"Fine," Joey huffed. "I won't ever ask you anything again."

Jenna sighed. If only that were true. It was barely over two seconds before Joey's next question came.