18: Put Me Down, Nollie

"NATALIE", a warm presence gave me a tight hug, as I got a sympathetic look from Nolan.

"Mom, don't suffocate my wife", I beamed at the words that came out of his mouth. He had called me his wife, instead of "that girl" or just my name.

"I can tell you two are getting along well", she exclaimed, as I blushed and glanced at Nolan who was looking right back at me.

"It is", he said as my stomach churned with butterflies, and sprinkles. I was definitely on Cloud 9 and I wasn't ever coming down.

His hands slipped to my hands as he squeezed my hand once. His mom invited us in as I looked around and saw familiar faces from the wedding. Until I felt a little figure hugging my legs.

"Your here", a loud, but sweet voice squealed as I looked down at my feet to see the little girl from the wedding Leah.
She looked up at me as she kept hugging my tight legs.

"We can play with my action figures and go to the park and so much more", Leah squealed as I heard Mrs. Clemente chuckle at Leah's loving attitude. I bent down to her height as I pulled her in for a hug, as she hugged me so tight, I was scared my arms were going to fall off.

"I would love too", I responded as her smile filled with glee and she dragged me to her room as Nolan picked her up and gave her monkey hug.

"Nollie put me down", she yelled as I laughed at the little pet name she had given Nolan. He flew her around the room as I saw Avery make her way over to me.

"Hey", she said giving me a hug as I gave her one back. She looked at me in relief i could tell of how Nolan and I were acting and I could tell she was happy about it and would surely ask me what had changed. She pulled me to the side as I got ready for her steady interrogation.

"Okay tell me everything", she persuaded me to tell her all about the butterflies i've been feeling lately and the feeling of having someone to just talk to and be with. I wanted to tell her every feeling I've felt, but I had never done this before. Girl Talk wasn't a second nature to me, well except with my mom.

"We've been talking and he's just taking really good care of me", I said calmly as I wanted to tell her about him protecting me and caring for me. But something stopped me and in the corner of my eye, I saw Lucifer and his She-Devil.

Melissa the She-Devil made eyes at me, pretending I didn't see it. Nolan just had to go talk to them, huh.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence it's a pleasure to see you", Nolan shook their hands as greetings were exchanged. Avery stepped away as a friend called her over and Nolan notioned for me to come over.

"Hi, honey", my father said as he gave me a side hug and I was ordered to act like I missed him and loved him.

"Hi, dad", I said feeling uncomfortable, I meant to turn it off, myself and my soul to leave but could I really not let his harsh beatings then thoughtful words get to me. It was strictly impossible.

"I hope she's keeping you satisfied", he winked at Nolan as I felt the need to simply step back. Satisfied? This man was crazy, I felt so uncomfortable, that I almost left with no words. But, as the words left his mouth Nolan looked at me in shock and surprise, no ones father would ever ask that.

"Oh uh, were simply just getting to know each other before any of that sorts", he said as I blushed. He wanted that from me, did he? I was so confused, I had lost my mind and I needed it back.

"Excuse me, I'm gonna get some air", I said as I abruptly left the venue and searched for a sunny spot. The porch seemed perfect as I took a seat and thought about how I ended up here. The door closed as it was swung open.