59: Don't Leave Again

The rain pattered down heavily as his shadow stood still, and I heard not a single word flow from his mouth, only silence, the silence that once hurt me.

"What are you here for, Nolan?", I cried out letting the rain and tears mix together as they ran down my cheek.

"To humiliate me, to remind me that you left, what are you here for".

"You told her, of all people her. My father ruined my life repeatedly, but you hurt me worse, because I thought you could never hurt me, you could never make me feel the way he used to make me feel", I wiped my cheeks as he stood there silent and frozen "Boy was I wrong", I shouted across the rain.

"And when I told you I needed you to talk to me, we needed to talk, you ran, you left me crying on the floor", I whimpered loudly as his silence didn't reassure me anymore than him coming here did.

"So if you've come here to humiliate me and play a little game with me, don't waste your time", I breezed by him as I walked fast back to the beach house.

"I love you", he shouted louder every moment until I stopped in the pouring rain and turned around slowly.

"I was angry and not thinking right and just full of all of this madness, all I ever wanted in life was to protect you, Natalie that's all I wanted, and I hurt you, but I promise just let me explain", he begged as his words lit a fire in me.

"I'll give you 2 minutes", I repeated over the padding sounds of the rain and I was afraid of what's happening next.

"I was mad, that you had told me don't do anything, I was mad that you kept a secret from me, I called her to meet for the day and she ended up reading a file on your father, I was drunk when I came to Avery's house. I didn't know how to make you forgive me so I stayed in the elevator until I realized I had to make this right and when I came back you had already left", his words explained everything, but he left me alone for so long.

"You're arrogant and conceited and selfish and I hate you", I said over the rain letting him consume the words I heavily spoke.

"I know", he shouted as all I saw in his eyes was sorrow and misery.

"But god, did I miss you", I ran to his arms in the pouring rain as we kissed magically, his soft lips caressed mine and his hands held me in place as he devoured my lips.

"I missed you, too", he whispered on my lips as I glared into his dreamy eyes knowing just how much I loved him, even after all he did. Love forgives, but love never forgets.

"Come on", I pulled his hand inside the house as he shut the door loudly and I whispered to him to keep quiet. I took his hand to my room as he shut the door softly.

"I want you to tell me, what happened?", he got to the tough questions at the surface and it made sense to answer the elephant in the room.

"What do you want to know?", I asked as I began removing the layers of my clothes and so did he as we had been drenched in rain and soaked from our feet to our hair.

"Everything", his word left a whisper on my lips as I went back to the very beginning.

"My mom, she was beautiful, she was in love at a young age with a man starting out with a new business and she was always there for him, then they had me, and that's when daniel's business was very successful, and he stopped spending time with us and began staying out late and he wouldn't come home for weeks", his eyes seemed soulful and I could tell that when he heard me call my father Daniel, he knew I didn't care about him.

"My mother still pretended she loved him and she knew I was lonely so when she was pregnant with my sister, she was diagnosed with cancer and she ended up delivering the baby prematurely, because she knew it was her time, she just didn't want me to be alone.", he seemed confused at that moment, of why I never spoke of her, or why I had never mentioned her.