32: He's Using You

"Good morning", he kissed my forehead as I looked up and at the time, it 5:30 in the morning and there Nolan stood in a tie with a strap on the bag next to him and his briefcase.

"Morning, you're leaving already", I asked him as he nodded and I scooted over as he sat down next to the bed.

"Yes, it's an early flight, I just wanted to say bye", he kissed my lips and let me go back to sleep as he said goodbye softly I pulled him closer as I whispered into his soft ear.

"Come back to me", I whispered as he said "I will", on my heated lips, he took off as he let me sleep soundly.

I woke up peacefully an hour later as I got ready for work, making my breakfast and preparing for today. The day I would try to stand up to my dad.

Other than my sister, I now had a reason to live, he surprised me and it felt amazing. I zipped up my tunic dress as I slipped on my tights and fastened my heels. I made myself a coffee as I got on the road, I went into the kitchen the room he kept all his keys in and I closed my eyes and grabbed one out of random. I walked down to the garage, grabbing my coffee, and hitting the horn as a sports car beeped and I started walking towards it, as the driver came towards me.

"Mrs. Clementé", he said to alert my attention as I turned around and saw him standing with the door propped wide open.

"I was actually thinking of testing these cars, you can take the day off and go upstairs or go home, you know you should go and tell her to both take the night off and go home, I'll be fine", I said as he grew cautious, but he simply thanked me and ran upstairs to tell his wife, the house would be empty tonight and I needed that.

I got in the car as I drove straight to the office, freezing in the middle of traffic to get that sick thought out of my head.

I was going to speak to my dad today and I hadn't felt stronger in so long, and I had never felt braver, just like my mothers' words she came back to me.

I parked the car in my own parking spot with my name on it as I walked up to the office I found people staring at me as I clipped on my badge, with the title Co-CEO, I was the silent one though, but it didn't mean my title didn't matter.

The elevator bell rang and I saw Caroline, working away as she smiled and stopped her call. She walked over to me as she grabbed a couple of files, which weren't slim.

"I'm sorry to do this to you on a day Mr. Clementé isn't here but there's a presentation that has to be ready by next week so that the presenters can be briefed and brought up to speed. Mr. Clementé is giving this presentation to the investors next week, they ordered cause more clients want to invest more with the success of the business, let me know if you need anything and I'll bring lunch for you today", she said as I thanked her and grabbed ahold of the thick files and started to get working on them.

It was mid-morning as a knock came to my door and there at the frame was Caroline with a pink sticky note in the palm of her hand and holding a planner.

"Your dad has asked if you come around after lunch and I can always reschedule it for tomorrow or the next day", I shook my head no, as I knew this was the only time to do it where nobody would see me.

"No it's fine, and for tomorrow is this all I'm working on", I asked as she looked over the planner and skimmed through the dates.