E i g h t e e n

~ Emily ~

Mathematics.

I hated that subject with a passion.

We were currently giving a math test. 'We' as in students who really studied and not me or Skyler.

Yea,  that's right.

The saying, 'Birds with the same feather, flock together' described us perfectly.

I looked at Skye, only to find her balancing a pencil between her nose and upper lip, and I tried hard not to laugh at that hilarious sight.

I was dreading for the past half an hour due to this stupid test, which I was completely unaware of.

Okay, okay. Maybe I'd forgotten about it.

Finally, I was saved by the bell. Students rushed to the teacher's table and submitted their papers, and so did I.

I sighed in defeat while a grinning Skyler hopped towards me.

"Emily Emily! Guess what?" She asked excitedly.

I guess that I may be the only one to fail this test.

"You performed really well at the test?" I asked.

She laughed, "What! Is that what you learned when you saw me play with my pencil?"

Oh.

"Then what?" I asked with curiosity.

Her grin widened, "Rayne's birthday is coming soon. I want to gift him something special. So, you should keep me company while I do some shopping for him. How does that sound?" She asked with so much happiness, making it impossible for me to reject it.

"Sure, Skye. Why not?" I replied while we left the classroom towards the locker.

"Thank you, Em! You're too nice." She hugged me.

Skyler was the affectionate type.

We placed our books in the locker and headed to the cafeteria.

I immediately spotted Vincent and Derek sitting at our usual place.

I mentally sighed in relief to see them getting along.

Skye pulled a chair and sat across Derek, hence leaving me to occupy the seat opposite to Vincent, and on top of it, she had the audacity to wink at me when nobody was looking at us.

"So wassup everybody?" Derek initiated the conversation.

"Don't even ask, bro. We were subjected to an extremely tough math test." Skye rubbed away imaginary sweat from her forehead.

He looked at us in sympathy. "I know that math is a bitc -" He stopped, "a bad subject."

"Heyy! Why did you change your sentence?" Skye pointed out.

Derek looked at Vincent. "Vi is not a fan of cussing, you know." He trailed off.

"Stop calling me that." Vincent silently muttered to Derek.

"Y'know what, Emily doesn't cuss as well." Skye revealed.

I knew what she was trying to do.

In that moment, Vincent's eyes flickered in my direction in surprise.

"Like seriously?" Derek asked in disbelief, "Actually, I shouldn't be surprised at all."

"I'll give you a high five only if you weren't flirting with my friend. Otherwise, my high five would be with a chair on your face." Skye threatened smoothly.