T w e n t y - T w o

~ Vincent ~

"Perfect!"

I exclaimed as I hung the photo frame on my bedroom wall.

The very one that was captured by Zac, which was also the one and only piece of decoration in my room.

My paintings and stuff were in my art room, leaving my bedroom emotionless and plain.

But now, this certain picture begs to differ.

Derek had taken the liberty to frame it for each of us and I was really thankful for that. I wouldn't admit it to his face, though.

No matter how many times I spared a glance at this particular photograph, my lips curled up involuntarily each time.

The smile on our faces reflects how much of a priceless moment it was.

Recently, I'd been smiling a lot, but I didn't know exactly why.

With a satisfied grin, I kept gazing at the glassy screen, but my phone buzzed, interrupting me.

I groaned inwardly to check who had texted me.

"Emily?" I breathed out. As expected, my previous smile didn't fade. Instead, it beamed even wider.

The message read :

.

Hey Vincent!

-E

.

I texted back.

.

Hi Emily 😊

-V
.

Her reply was instant.

.

You know Skye's boyfriend, Rayne?

Yeah, he's planning on taking all of us to the movies this evening. He's also considering this as an opportunity to meet you, too, in person.

So, are you in? 👀

-E

.

Another message popped in.

.

Skyler has already pursued Derek. So, he's also there, if that's what you are bothered about. 😅

-E

.

She was right. That was exactly what I was thinking. That didn't mean I would go only if he was there.

I would've agreed to hang out, nevertheless.

Sorry, Derek.

.

Sure, why not?

Count me in, then.

-V

.

It had been a week since the fundraiser, and we could only catch up during the lunch breaks, so this could be a perfect opportunity to hang out, considering that it's a weekend too.

.

That's great!

I'll text you the address right away.

And bye Vincent, take care. 🙋

-E

.

Okay bye Emily. 👋

-V

I kept the phone back on the nightstand and gently massaged my cheeks as it started aching due to my unusual grinning. For a long duration.

Knock knock!

"Come in!" I raised my voice.

The door opened, revealing my mother, who entered in with a glass container in her hands.

True to their words, my parents really did try to be at home, as much as they could, and they somehow spared time to spend with me.

Last night, we had a family movie marathon, and let me tell you that I had not enjoyed  spending time with them ever before, as much as I did yesterday.

It was just hilarious; my mom's constant attempt to shut us up so that we could watch the movie in peace, and my dad's lame jokes kept us entertained.

They started to behave like normal parents, and I couldn't be more grateful for this change in them.

"Yeah, mom?"

She smiled at me warmly. "Vincent, I baked chocolate chip cookies for you. So, I wanted you to try them and give me feedback."

"Well, sure, why not?" I strode closer, and when I was about to take a cookie out of it, my mom slapped my hand away.

And I definitely knew why, yet I frowned and pouted.

"First, go and wash your hands clean." She sternly commanded.

"Fine mom." I huffed.

I quickly washed my hands and dried them. I took a cookie out of the container and bit out a large portion, savoring the sweet treat.

It was so tasty that it had me wondering how did I become this fortunate in such a short period of time?

"Geez, mom! It's delicious." I commented with my mouth full.

Her eyes lit up at my compliment. "Really?! That's so good to hear."

I hummed. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I was planning,.. on going out, to spend the evening with my friends."

"Mhm." She hummed in approval and placed the container on my desk. "Then what are you waiting for? Get ready, young man, and enjoy with them."

"Yeah, I was going to."

"Well, am I making you late? Then worry not, because I'm out." Saying so she playfully ruffled my hair and left the room.

Okay, now off to the movies.