T w e n t y - T h r e e

~ Vincent ~

"Guys, look who arrived!"

Derek exclaimed as I got out of my car and approached them as they stood outside the movie theatre.

Apparently, waiting for me, I guess.

I checked my watch and confirmed that I wasn't late, after all.

Noticing my action, Skyler commented, "Tsk tsk Vincent. You are not the one that's late, my sweet boyfriend is."

"Well, I don't mind." My attention was now fully averted to Emily, who stood there speechless.

As if on cue, Derek voiced out my thoughts, "Why so silent, Emily?"

Immediately, her gaze fell upon us, and she gave her signature heartwarming smile. "What do you mean? I'm normally like this, Derek."

A car pulled up before us.

"Mr. Hart, you owe us an explanation." Skyler was talking to Rayne.

He was a guy with light brown hair, blue eyes, and an apologetic look on his face.

Then the friendly-looking guy spoke for the first time this evening, "Well,  first things first, I am really, deeply sorry for making y'all wait for me."

His eyes skimmed through all of us, "And secondly, my car got punctured midway, and I had to call a cab to reach out here."

After hearing this, our expressions turned sympathetic, and the very next moment, Skyler engulfed him in a hug, "You should've just texted me, Ray."

"Today turns out to be a lucky day for me because I forgot my phone at home." He grinned sheepishly.

She shook her head as she pulled away from the embrace, "Oh boy, you are impossible." She then quickly switched into her normal playful mode, "And please, don't tell me that you forgot your wallet too."

"Huh, no worries about that, I have secured it for y'all."

"Thank God! One good thing, at least." She muttered and kissed him on the cheek.

"Eww guys! No PDA, please. My innocent eyes can't take it." Derek dramatically covered his eyes with his hands, "Don't you agree, Vincent?"

I chuckled, "Of course, Derek." Then, I noticed Emily smile, from the corner of my eyes.

Skyler pulled away with a grin and pretended to be offended, "You can't say that, Vincent! Don't tell me that you haven't displayed public affection with your girlfriend."

More like ex. I visibly cringed at her unexpected statement.

Emily noticed it because the next moment, she muttered Skyler to stop talking on that subject. She might've thought that it was a sensitive subject for me.

It was, to a certain extent. However, not that much, to stop talking about it completely.

To be honest, it didn't matter to me, as much as it should have.

"No, Emily, it's fine." I now noticed that I've been saying this a lot recently. "And Skyler, no we don't kiss."

Apparently, Derek found my confession amusing. "Woah! As in 'we don't kiss in public' or 'we don't kiss at all'?"

"Both." I muttered, scratching my neck.

His forehead creased in confusion, "W-What? Why? How?"

I simply shrugged, "We both thought that, the first kiss would be special if it was on our wedding, at the altar."