Chapter 8.

"First you say it not real, now it is!" Vic said

"First you say it not real, now it is!" Vic said. "The demon wanted us to leave so it can break threw. And the other things you saw was just a way so we don't see the true evil." Lilian said.

"In our vision he wanted to help us, but he was affraid and he was speaking in some kind of riddle. Something like 'I am given and I am taken, I was there at you're first breath, you didn't ask for me, but I will follow you until you're death'." Lorraine explained.

"The name, you were given a name." Ed said.

"Yes and the name gives us power over it, but we need to know where it is. It must be something I know." Lilian said.

"So what do we do now?" Vic ask. "An inhuman spirit powerful enough to cloud Lorraine and Lilian's sight is more than a match for me we need to get Janet to the Church before it kills her." said Ed.

Ed shot out of the car to help Peggy and the kids, but Janet was no where to be found. "Thank God your here, Janet is in there!".They tried to get in, but the door was sealed shut. Drew grabbed a rock and threw it at the window, breaking it. All the kids screamed in the rain. Drew grabbed his jaket and got ride of the glass. He tries to climb in, but is pushed away and the couch blocks the window. Drew tries to get up. Lilian quickly runs to Drew and helps him up. "Are you OK?" she asks, worried about her husband. "Yeah, I'm fine," he replies.

"I'm gonna go back around" says Ed and Lorraine and Lilian shout "ED!NO!" "DAD!STAY!".

Lilian looks determinedly at Drew. "What are you planning?" he asks, already suspecting what his wife is planning. "I have to save my father," Lilian says determinedly and runs after her father.  "LILIAN STOP!" Drew screams. Lorraine sees her daughter running after Ed. "LILIAN NO".

Lilian arrives at her father's. "What are you doing here!?!" asks Ed. "I want to help you," answers Lilian. "No, go back Lilian, I can't let anything happen to you," says Ed and grabs his daughter by the shoulders.
"And I can't let you get hurt, Dad," Lilian says. Ed sighs "Okay, but stay with me." Lilian nodded in agreement.

Lorraine and Drew want to run after them. "I'm coming with you!" says Peggy and wants to follow them, but the two stop her. "No, go to the car with the kids," says Drew. "But Janet," Peggy wants to argue. "Go!" says Lorraine and runs off with Drew.

Lilian and Ed look for a way to get into the house. The two run to the outer cellar door, open the door and go in.
"Ed?Lilian?" Lorraine calls and runs with Drew around the house. They just see father and daughter going into the house through the cellar door.

The two quickly go down the stairs and are about to go inside when the door is slammed in their faces by an invisible force.
Drew and Lorraine gasp in shock and try to close the door. Lilian and Ed try the same from the inside but it doesn't work. "The door won't open!" screams Lilian. Vic comes over and says "Let me try".
"We have to break it open!" Drew says in a hurry. "Okay, wait here" Vic says and goes to get something.

"Ed, Lilian is waiting, Vic is getting something" says Lorraine. "We can't wait" says Ed and walks Lilian away from the door. "Lilian, Ed wait you can't fight it alone." says Drew.
"She needs our help" says Lilian and goes with her Father. "Lilian No!Wait!LILIAN!" Drew screams, afraid of losing his wife.

Father and daughter use a pipe to get through the wooden floor. They climb up and suddenly a wheel on the pipe on the wall comes off and the white stuff that comes out hits Ed in the face. His eyes are so badly affected that he can hardly see anything anymore. "Dad!" Lilian shouts and helps her father. "Are you OK?" "I'm OK, let's keep going," Ed assures his daughter.

Ed and Lilian are trying to get through a door when the TV turns on and music starts playing.
Lilian helps her father find his way into the living room.  They walk on and don't notice that the Crooked Man is following them. In the living room a choir sings on the TV. Ed takes off his cross chain and starts talking in Latin.
Ed and Lilian go up the stairs. In the tent, Jonny's music box starts playing music. 

Ed and Lilian go closer and when they look up they see the Crooked Man in front of them. The two fall backwards in shock. The Crooked Man stands up and flies into the wall next to him. The house begins to crumble and cracks open up in the ceiling.

They go on and find the girl in Janet's room. She is standing at the window and looking out.
"Janet!?" sagt Lilian. Janet moves her arms backwards and the window shatters. Glass shards fly everywhere. Ed and Lilian put their hands in front of their eyes and turn around to protect themselves from the shards.
Janet climbs onto the window frame and falls forward. Ed runs over quickly and is just able to grab her, but almost falls out of the window himself. He holds on to the curtains. "DAD!" Lilian screams and runs towards him and tries to hold him. The curtains cannot hold the weight and slowly begin to tear. Lorraine and Drew storm into the room. The nun appears in the corner. Lorraine takes a few steps back.
"Mum! Drew!" Lilian screams and can no longer hold Ed, she loses her grip on him and the curtain continues to tear. Lorraine and Drew try to run to them but the nun stops them and holds them both against the wall. "Drew! Mum!" says Lilian tries to get to them to help but the nun throws her against the wall and Lilian falls unconscious to the floor.
Lorraine gasps in shock and Drew panics. "Lilian! Honey!" he screams after her, hoping she will wake up.

Lorraine looks at the nun and starts talking  "Your name gives me dominion over you, demon. And i do know your name!"
The nun starts screaming and the crosses on the walls fall down.
"You are Valak!" Lorraine continues "The defiler, The profane, the marquis of snakes! In the name of the Father and the son, and the Holy Spirit, I condemn you back to Hell!" The whole thing shakes and the nun starts to contract.
Until the nun disappeared into the black growth.
Lorraine and Drew fall to the ground. Ed almost falls out the window but Lorraine and Drew are just able to grab him and Janet and pull them back inside. Drew quickly runs to his wife and tries to wake her up. "Honey hey wake up!" says Drew and shakes her.
Lilian wakes up and Drew takes her in his arms with relief "Oh, thank God." Ed and Lorraine quickly go to their daughter and hug her tightly. "Are you OK?" asks Lorraine. Lilian nods at her and says "I'm fine, just a little dizzy."
Peggy takes her daughter in her arms and the two cry together.

Ed and Lilian are examined by paramedics. Drew and Lorraine are standing nearby. "They'll be fine," says the paramedic and walks away. Drew immediately goes to Lilian and holds her in his arms. Together they observe the Hodgson family.
"Thank you for coming back," said Peggy as she walked with Janet to the four. Janet hugged Ed. Ed takes off his necklace and gives it to Janet. "This necklace has protected me since I was a child and now I want you to have it. And when you grow up and meet someone who needs it, you give it to them."

The four go home Ed and Lorraine were at their house and danced while Drew and Lilian cuddled on the sofa.