Chapter 4: John's POV

A/N: OH MY GOSH!!! This is the fourth official chapter and there's already 100 reads!! Thank you so much to all you readers and voters!! Keep on voting and please don't be shy to comment if you have any questions.

Love ya'll!

~~~~

        I sat in silence as this sunk in.

        What? I've forgotten two years of my life? Either that or my doctor's crazy.

        I opened my mouth to question him when my parents rushed into the room. I sighed in relief. Great, they'll explain everything.

        "Hi," I said and my mom immediately started weeping and I noticed my dad wipe away a tear from his eye.

        "John!" My mom sobbed, "We thought we would lose you!" She scrambled to my side and hugged me until I couldn't breath.

        Finally, she let go of me and Dad gave me a hug as well.

        Mom had the biggest smile on her face as she asked me, "Have you see Megan yet? Of course you did, she's barely left your side."

        "Megan? Who's Megan?"

        My parents both looked at me agape. "What do you mean 'who's Megan,' don't you remember her?" Dad said with an astonished look on his face.

        I scrunched my forehead in confusion. "I've never met a Megan before."

        My parents looked at Dr. Heinrich who was currently scribbling like mad on a clipboard. Dad cleared his throat and the doctor looked up.

        "Oh sorry. It seems that John has lost his memory of the past two years, up to his friend Hunter's 16th birthday party."

        "How did he lose his memory?" Dad questioned the doctor.

        Dr. Heinrich sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "When John's plane crashed to the ground, John's head hit something hard enough to bruise his brain and lose his memories of the last two years. To fix it, you just have to let his memory come back by itself. We don't want to overfill his memory bank and make him anymore confused than he already is."

        The girl walked back into the room right then with tears running down her face.

        "John! John! It's me Megan, your girlfriend" She cried.

        I had a girlfriend? How much of my life did I forget?

        Mom must have seen the confused look on my face because she went over to Megan and put her hands on her shoulders and explained. "This is Megan Lane and you two have been dating for two years. You and your friends have been working on an experimental aircraft for two years now and you and your friend Troy were test flying it like you've done a hundred times before. You were about to land when the controls malfunctioned and the plane came crashing down in an empty field. You hit your head and lost consciousness and Troy broke his leg. Your friends on the ground immediately called 911 and us and you've been at the Nester Regional Hospital for one week."

        I had no idea what my mom was talking about. This beautiful girl, Megan, was my girlfriend?

        Not knowing what to say when I'm being introduced to my girlfriend who I have no memory of, I mumbled, "Uh, hi?"

        Megan's lip grew into a small smile. "Hi."

        Seeing her smile, I suddenly felt the need to make her laugh so I said, "Seeing how you're my girlfriend and everything; am I a good kisser?"

        She immediately blushed and looked at the tiled floor. Everyone started laughing while I just sat there smiling at Megan.

        Wow, she looked even cuter when she blushed.

        She lifted her head high enough to meet my eyes as she replied, "Um, yes."

        Everyone laughed even harder and I joined in because it was contagious. Finally, Megan began laughing as well and I felt my heart swell at the sound of her musical laughter. I then realized her laughter had been the sound that had awakened me.

        "Are you a singer?" I blurted out.

        Megan stopped laughing and rose an eyebrow in response. "No, why?"

        "Because you have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard." I answered truthfully and she turned even redder.

        Megan mumbled a thanks as Dr. Heinrich spoke up, "As amusing as this is, John needs his sleep so I'll need you all to leave for now. You can all come back later though."

        My parents nodded and bid me farewell. Mom kissed me on the cheek which I found embarrassing seeing how I'm 18 but I let it slide since I had apparently almost died. Dad gave me a firm handshake and they both left my room. Megan took a step towards my bed but stopped. She waved awkwardly goodbye and turned to go but stopped when I called her name.

        "I'm sorry I don't remember you. I wish I did. For now, why don't we be friends?"

        The grin she had been sporting faded a bit but it was still there as she replied, "Ok. Bye John."

        "Bye Megan."

        She exited my room and then it was only Dr. Heinrich and me. I sighed.

        "Don't worry John," he said, making me look over at him, "you'll regain your memories soon."

        I smiled a sad smile. "I hope so."