Chapter 8: John's POV

A/N: Hey! Here is an early update as an apology for not updating the last chapter for a long time.

        To all of my beautiful (or handsome) readers out there, I was wondering if any of you think I should have actual names for my chapters like, "Reuniting With my Family," or, "The Kiss." Thoughts?

~~~~

        "Wake up John." Mrs. May's voice awakened me from my deep slumber. Slowly, I sat up in bed and stretched my arms above my head. After Megan had left, I had fallen into a dreamless slumber.

        "Dr. Heinrich needs to run a CAT scan on you to make sure you have no permanent injuries." She said. "I'll be right back; I need to get a wheelchair." I nodded and she left the room for a minute before coming back with a wheelchair.

        She pulled it up right next to my bed and I swung my legs and carefully stepped onto the ground for a second before collapsing into the wheelchair. I felt dizzy for a second and there were little black spots in my vision but then they cleared up. Mrs. May made sure I was comfortable and then pushed me out of my room and into the hallway to the elevator. We entered the elevator and waited patiently until the doors opened on the first floor and she wheeled me into a room.

        There was a donut shaped device in the center of the room with a table in front of it. Mrs. May explained to me that I would lay on the table and the table would move in and out of the device as it scanned my body for injuries. She helped me stand up and lay down on the table as I heard the door open and close. I heard footsteps approach the table and Dr. Heinrich's face came into view with his face hovered over mine.

        "Did Mrs. May explain everything?" He asked and I nodded. "OK, this shouldn't hurt a bit." Dr. Heinrich pushed a button and the table I was lying on started to move closer to the donut shaped device. "Now stay completely still John. If you move, we'll have to do the scan again." I nodded and Dr. Heinrich stepped back.

        I laid completely still the entire time I was being scanned as instructed and before I knew it, the test was done and Mrs. May was helping me back into the wheelchair. She pushed me back up to my room and hovered over me like a protective mother hen as I hoisted myself onto my hospital bed.

        "Now you rest. You were in a coma for a week, you don't get better instantly." Mrs. May instructed as she tucked the white sheets around me like a mother would do when she tucked her child into bed.

        I let out a chuckle. "Do you have kids?"

        Mrs. May almost seemed to blush. "Is it that obvious? Yes, I have a three year old son."

        "Are you pregnant?" I blurted out and then immediately added, "Please don't hit me."

        Oh my gosh, please let me be right.

        My nurse laughed at me. "I am pregnant so don't worry, I won't hit you. I'm expecting another boy in two months."

        "Thank goodness! I didn't want to say anything when I first met you, I thought it would be rude to ask you if you were pregnant and you weren't. That happened to my dad once actually. He asked a woman if she was pregnant but she wasn't and she smacked him with her overstuffed purse and nearly gave him a concussion."

        My story brought out a fit of laughter from Mrs. May and I couldn't help but join in. When we had both quieted down, Mrs. May walked to the door. "Now sleep John. I'll let anyone who comes by know that you are resting and that they can come back later."

        "OK. Thanks." After trading goodbyes, she left the room and I snuggled into the sheets and was quickly overcome by darkness.

~~~~