Chapter Fifteen; Miss Nyx

She could feel herself strapped very securely, the feeling of being in a box entering her mind as she couldn't feel any kind of water or anything.

She was still blindfolded, so it wasn't like she could look around to see if it was true.

Nyx never spoke a word, choosing to lean back her head and rest. She needed to gain her energy back.

She could feel the truck or whatever she was held in slow to a stop, a loud noise entering her small cube as the door was opened, the vibration the only indicating of it.

Nyx kept her face passive as her prison pod was lifted and taken out, for a second she could feel the sun on her skin before she was probably taken inside a building, German soldiers speaking around her as they talked and did their jobs.

Outside Bucky looked at her pod, searching her for any visible wounds before he went back to passiveness as she sat there calmly. Steve caught him looking at the female assassin, his brow furrowing in confusion before realization fell over his features as he figured out why Bucky never left her.

Steve had seen them in action, both finishing each other's moves without any verbal communication, and if the other was in trouble- well both are alive for a reason.

It was going to be hard to get out of this. But Nyx hoped not impossible.

Silence engulfed Nyx for a long time, her senses having been stripped making it seem a lot longer than usual when suddenly a voice broke her thoughts,

"Hello, Ms. Nyx." He had a peculiar accent and Nyx lifted her head, only indicating that she heard him, "I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?"

Nyx rolled her eyes, dropping her head back and the guy seemed to stutter in embarrassment," Right sorry, you can't see me..." He cleared his throat and Nyx just wished for it to be over, "Your first name is Nyx? Do you have a last?"

"No." She bit out, her leg bouncing as she grew uncomfortable, could they just torture with pain or take her to Azkaban? Yeah... maybe she would just be sent into a loony-house if they ever heard her thoughts.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, Nyx?"

"I would if I could see." Nyx muttered sarcastically but the wonky guy seemed to hear her,

"I can't help you if you give me attitude, Nyx."

"But then I would get bored." Nyx deadpanned, relaxing back in her seat, "Could we just get this over with? I'm not answering any questions unless it's beneficial for me."

"You were also known as The Siren, was your time beneficial when you acted as such?"

Nyx kept carefully still, refusing to show a reaction to being called that dreadful name.

A beat passed through them and the guy seemed to understand as he hummed and asked again, "Was your time beneficial to you when you were The Siren?"

Nyx clenched her jaw, "No."

"What's your relationship with Mr. Barnes?"

"None of your business, that's what." Nyx barked, impatience making her snappy.

"I need to know about your relationship with Mr., Barnes before we can proceed."

Nyx sighed before she slowly rose her head to speak, "We are very good friends and equally wanted criminals."

"How did you meet Mr. Barnes?"

"I was held and experimented on by HYDRA. Bucky was held there too." She admitted while small droplets of sweat beginning to pool on her temple,

"Were you aware of Mr. Barnes's actions in Vienna?"

"I don't even know what happened in Vienna."

The guy choked back a sound, his chair scraping against the floor before she heard his steps near her pod.

She tensed, was he allowed to be near her?

"That will be all for now, miss." He spoke loudly, unbeknownst to her pressing something to her pod before he left the room.

Nyx licked her dry lips before she forced her body to relax on the seat.