Chapter 25- When I Wake

—Alarik—

When I woke up the next morning, Allison wasn't beside me. My heart started racing, the same feeling I'd felt when I'd found out she had been taken washed over me. 

I closed my eyes tight and took a deep breath before getting out of bed and pulling on a pair of pajama pants. 

"Allison?" I called out. I looked through the rooms upstairs, my heart still racing, the panic still present.

I finally found her in the last room, sitting on the window seat in an empty room. I let out a loud sigh at the site of her. She was staring out the window at the woods that completely surrounded the house. I felt the panic slip away but it was replaced by another darker feeling. 

Her good mood from yesterday was gone and that darkness had started to seep back in. 

She slowly turned her head to look my way, her face void of any emotion. 

"I called your name," I said quietly as I crossed the floor to her. 

"Sorry, I didn't hear you." She turns back to the window and I take a seat next to her. 

I try to distract her by telling her how I plan to set the pack up. 

"This house is going to be the center, we'll have a square out front, maybe a small area with picnic tables and a place for kids to play. A nice place for people to gather."

I see the ghost of a smile and I envision what I see in my head and share the image with her. She leans her head on my shoulder and I point out the window that's the back of our house. 

"The homes would probably be set up similiar to how they are at the pack. Nice blocks. And of course we'd have a nice big yard. We could do anything you want with it. Have a garden, put in a pool, leave it open to go out and stargaze."

I leave the options open for her. I want her to know that this is her place just as much mine, that she can do with it what she wants. Her wish is my command. 

"Garden would be no good," she says finally. "I kill everything I touch."

"I'm still alive and kicking," I say with a playful smile and she looks up at me with a slight frown.

"You're right. Maybe I just haven't touched you in the right way." Behind her somehow nearly flawless, thoughtful look I can see the fire dancing in her eyes. 

"Baby, if that hasn't been touching me the right way then I'll be a puddle at your feet when you do."

Like that, I can see the darkness lift from her and she stretches her neck up so her mouth meets mine.  The kiss is slow at first, but like any kiss with this woman, it deepens almost immediately. I pull her onto my lap, leaning back against the wall. 

Allison puts her hands on both sides of my face, her legs straddling me. I can feel her falling into the kiss, losing herself in the feeling of us. I gently bite her lower lip and hear her soft groan. That small sound is all it takes to push me over the edge. I'm overcome by my need for her just as I was yesterday in the park. 

"Hold on," I say quietly.

~~~~~~

—Allison— 

I pull back just enough to look into his eyes. I feel Alarik grab my legs tightly and he stands up quickly. I let out a small squeal and my arms automatically fly around his neck, holding onto him for dear life. 

I hear a slow chuckle and feel it vibrate through his chest. He walks out of the room and crosses the empty space until we're back in the bedroom, our bedroom. 

I've wrapped my legs around him, every part of me holding on so I don't fall. He lets go of my legs and sinks down onto the mattress, leaning over until my back is flat on the bed. He starts to kiss me again, slow and sweet and I feel my limbs relaxing. I feel his smile against my lips. 

I feel the aching inside me, I need him. He slowly starts to trail kisses, moving from my mouth, along my jaw to my neck. He continues to go lower, stopping at the neckline of my shirt. His hands move down to the hem and he starts pulling it up. His hands leave a tingling trail along my skin and he pulls the shirt over my head. 

His mouth continues its path, leaving kisses all over my bare skin. His hands rest on my hips and his mouth moves back up to mine. I drop my guard for the moment, letting the feel of the bond wash over us both.

The burning need flares up in me and I pull him closer to me.

Alarik groans and his hold tightens on me. All I can feel is the burning flames flames and skin touching skin.

We are lost in the feel of each other and we give over to those emotions, those impulses.

Surrounded by him embrace I feel safe, like nothing can touch me and I never want to be apart from him again. The sound of our breathing fills the space as we come down off the high, drunk on each other.

Alarik shifts to the side before laying back down next to me. Our breathing going back down, our hearts slowing back to their normal pace, and his arm drapes over me, sending tingling sparks straight through me.

I never want to be away from him again. The sun comes through the window, playing with the colors of his hair, the sparkle in his eyes. My hand reaches out to sweep his hair to the side. 

I feel the swell inside. This man is mine and he cares about me. 

I find myself thinking about everything he's said since I got back, everything that the shrink said at my visit yesterday. But I also remember the look he gave me when I'd told him what happened while I was out there. 

I knew Alarik loved me, I knew that he wanted to be with me for the rest of our lives. I wanted to be able to tell him everything that was going on inside, I was just afraid of seeing that look in his eyes too. Those eyes that right now were shining and had sucked me in. There was no way I could look away from them. I was caught under his spell. 

His arms reach out and pull me into him. I put up the wall and he can feel it. 

The warmth of his touch spreads through me. 

I know it isn't fair to keep doing this to him. He must feel like he's on a rollar coaster with how my moods have been lately. He's been patient and as loving as over though and it makes me want to come out of hiding. 

I feel his lips press against my forehead and I close my eyes slightly. I need to trust him, I need to be able to talk to him. 

His eyes. The fear of that look is the only thing holding me back now. I'm sure that if I see that very look from him that it would kill me. I couldn't bear to see the look of pity in his eyes. 

I take a deep breath and pull back slightly, looking into those sparkling eyes of his. 

"Close your eyes," I whisper to him. 

His brows pull together in confusion. 

"Close your eyes," I say again, and this time he does. 

****************

A bit of a shorter chapter, I know... But yeah. 

Remember to leave your comments below and if you liked the chapter please drop a vote, thanks all!