31~ jake

JAKE POV

The past few days have been pretty much torture. Knowing Soojin is awake but not being able to go up and hug her has been killing me.

I've even tried to visit her at her apartment but Heesung hyung made it very clear that he doesn't think I deserve the right the see her.

He's right.
I don't derserve to see her.

Feeling my head ache at my thoughts, I threw my head back and groaned out loud.

"Yah Jake what's wrong? You've been acting strange all week." complained Jay as he lifted his head from his phone screen.

"Shouldn't you be happy Soojin is finally awake?" questioned NIKI.

The mention of her name caused me to groan once again as I sprawled myself onto the hard practice room floor.

"Yah NIKI, don't you know? Soojin doesn't remember Jake." spoke Jungwon as he turned to the younger boy.

"Oh damn. Yikes bro. Good luck with that." NIKI muttered as he leaned over and pat me on the back.

I gave him an irritated glare as  he held his hands up in surrender and left the room. My gaze then trailed to where he was sitting and I soon took notice of a sock on the ground.

"Aish that boy." I hissed under my breath as I picked it up with my two fingers and ran out into the hall.

"YAH NISHIMURA RIKI YOU FORGOT YOUR-"

All of a sudden I was cut off when I felt a small figure barge into my chest. My eyes widened as I saw the person fall backwards due to the force.

With my quick reflexes, I reached my hand out to catch them and embraced their small body in mine.

I looked down at the person in my arms and immediately felt my heart stop beating.

"Soojin?"

I gawked at the cute girl in my embrace as she looked up at me with shocked eyes. I watched as she froze in thought for a while before muttering quietly.

"Jake..."

My eyes instantly grew as I felt my chest clench tightly.

Did I heard that correctly?
Did she just say my name?

Still in a state of shock I felt the girl suddenly stand up and release herself from my embrace.

"S-sorry." she stuttered.

She bowed apologetically before disappearing down the hall, leaving me shaken.

•••

SOOJIN POV

As I sped down the hall, I held my throbbing head in pain.

Why the hell did I say the name Jake?
I don't even know who he is.

And why is my heart beating so fast.

I massaged my forehead as I remembered the sudden influx of memories I had just experienced.

When I fell into his arms and locked eyes with him, all of a sudden flashes of memories with him flooded my mind in a split second.

Vague images of him teasing me and laughing with me filled my thoughts as I also recalled him shouting at me. Pondering hard on the memory of him scolding me, I shivered in discomfort.

Why was he so angry?

Whilst the cogs in my mind were ticking away, I finally arrived at my destination. I held my chest catching my breath before reaching to knock on the door.

Soon enough, the door swung open revealing the kind man.

"Ah Soojin-ssi! Come in."

•••

Soon after, I found myself in the exact position I was a week ago, sitting down in the large conference room opposite Goreum and Hyunsik.

"So Soojin, what brings you to the company?" asked Goreum with a friendly smile.

I took a deep breath before speaking up.

"I'd like to talk to you about the offer about solo contract." I stated firmly.

I almost giggled as I watched the two older people immediately break out into the widest smiles I've seen.

"And...?" they asked in unison.

I gave them a warm grin before announcing my thoughts.

"If it's not too late, I'd love to accept your offer and become a solo artist."

Almost instantly I watched as the two company directors jumped out of their seats and threw their hands in the air.

"OH YEAH!" they cheered enthusiastically giving each other messy high-fives.

I chuckled as I rose my eyebrow at the childish-acting two business staff. They soon composed themselves before speaking again.

"Are you sure? As much as we are over the moon about your decision, we don't want to force you." spoke Goreum concerningly.

My mind brought me back to last week when I came across the street buskers in the city.

"Why should I regret?
After this stage, it might be a success"

The memorable lyrics then reminded me of the words of Misun the same night.

"I know it might be intimidating and scary, but I don't want you to live with regrets."

Letting myself ponder on these words, I finally felt the assurance to answer the woman.

"Yes. I am 110% sure."

Both Goreum and Hyunsik looked at each other excitedly before sliding the contract across the table towards me.

Without hesitation, I signed the piece of paper as neatly as possible before handing it back to them.

"Welcome to Bighit, Park Soojin-ssi."