32~ starlight

HEESUNG POV

A few weeks had passed since we heard that Soojin was going to have a solo debut. Unfortunately due to our group promotions, I was unable to meet up with her.

Luckily today I had a spare slot of time in a schedule that I planned to save for Soojin. After all, I am her boyfriend...

I approched the recording studio and was suddenly greeted by a sweet voice.

(Starlight- Chani, True Beauty OST)

The sky is coloured purple
It's colder a night with the breeze

The gentle yet clear sound of her voice sucked me in like a spell. I soon found myself leaning my ear against the door to receive as much sound.

There are familiar memories on my mind
This night is full of you again
I only remember thankful memories

The combination of the heartfelt lyrics and her soulful singing caused my eyes to water. I went up on my tip toes and peeked my head through the small window.

You and I, we were all laughing together
I'm afraid you'll disappear and turn into a star

As my mind began processing the words of the song, I was soon hit in the face with a harsh realisation.

When I close my eyes,
I see you clearer
Because I miss you more

Feeling the lyrics shoot an ache to my chest, I felt a teardrop fall onto my cheek.

"Why does it sound like you're singing to Jake..." I whispered under my breath.

Soon enough, I was pulled back to reality when I heard the girl sing her last note. I watched as she stared at the ground in thought before finally looking up to thank the recording producer.

"Thank you!" she chimed in a muffled voice.

She pried the headphones off her head as she politely dismissed herself from the room. Still somewhat zoned out, it took me a second to realise that the girl was staring at me.

"Heesung oppa!" she cutely called through the door as she gave me a bright wave.

Snapping out of my foggy brain, I smiled at the girl and returned a wave back. I felt my stomach flutter as I watched the girl open the door to see me.

She approached me excitedly before attacking me with a warm hug.

I will never get tired of this.

I immediately wrapped my arms around her small figure and stroked her silky long hair.

"I've missed you so much, Soojin." I cooed into her ear.

Her grip on my waist tightened as I felt her smile into my chest.

"Me too." she replied bluntly, sinking into my hold.

Feeling my heart wither at the sound of sheer exhaustion in her voice, I released her from my embrace and turned her to face me.