Near Escape

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"You're still outnumbered," Steven says, "You're defenseless. We're living weapons."

"And so am I," I growl, glaring at the boy.

"Hmph. You're nothing but a vulnerable organism." In an instant, he runs up to me, reeling his arm back. "And I can prove it."

My mind and body click, realizing that he's in front of me. I stand still, his movement appearing before me in slow motion.

As his arm reaches for contact, I slip through his attack, watching as his punch slides off of my shoulder. As the arm slips off of my shoulder, it quickly retracts, returning to a confused Steven.

"Hmph. Nice dodge, Princess," Red Hood says. "Now watch this." Without hesitation, Hood runs up to Steven and tackles him to the ground, landing with a thud.

With Hood's sudden action, Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, and Superboy don't hesitate to take the others on. Superboy joins Red Hood in tackling Steven, screaming and running with clenched hands as he approaches them.

As we watch Superboy practically scream bloody murder, my clone moves swiftly in the corner of my eyes. I snap my head to her, to find the being moving quickly towards the three males. Batman and Red Robin quickly catch on, moving out of the way of the clone's path. However, as Batman and Red Robin move to the side, Nightwing gets tackled by the clone, receiving a kick to the head, along with several punches.

"Jesus, fuck," Nightwing groans as he hits the floor with a thud.

As Nightwing hits the floor, the clone quickly moves their body, facing Batman and leaping towards him. Batman raises his arms, blocking the clone's attack as he falters back.

"Demetria!" Red Robin yells.

I turn my head towards him to find him clenching his jaw and glaring at whatever is behind me. I turn my head back around to find the Damian clone running straight at me. I quickly move to the side, only for him to swiftly move his body to face me and attack. He throws a punch towards my face, but I quickly raise my hands, creating an "x," blocking the heavy attack. Bringing my hands down, I clench my jaw in anger, rage clouding my vision as I get a clear view of an imposter—not my brother.

He stands in front of me with his hands up, a smirk planted on his face, a dangling Damian hanging a few feet behind him. "What's wrong, sister?"

"Tch. Everything," I growl, glaring at the clone.

"Don't worry," he smirks. "Big brother Damian will help you."

"You're not my brother!" I yell, charging towards him, reeling my arm back, and throwing my first punch.

The clone moves to the side, punching my side, causing me to hunch over in pain. I twist my body, clutching my side, facing the smirking clone.

"Too slow."

"Tch." I run towards the clone again. "You're too talkative to be Damian."

"Don't worry," he says. "You won't be alive to complain, for long."

At the same time, we run towards each other, throwing quick attacks, left and right.

My once fatigued body, littered with wounds and dried blood begins to be filled with adrenaline. The once seething pain coursing through my body from the numerous past fights now subsides, feeling nothing but rage. I lean in, moving for a punch to his face, wanting to wipe that irking smirk off of his face.

He slips by, dodging my attack, letting the fist slide down his shoulder. As it slides down, moving into the attack, his face slowly approaches me. I feel his breath on my ear as I follow through.