Rumors

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"I'm starting to think that every day is 'Ditch Demetria Day'," I muttered in annoyance. I begin to make my way to First Period alone, walking through the halls filled with students.

Tim had gone straight to class, saying that he wanted to get there early to get his test finished early whilst Father, Damian, and Jason went straight to the office for their meeting, leaving me with my own devices.

I entered the class, going to the seat where I had taken on my first day here. As I enter the room, all eyes fall on me, following my movement from the front of the class to my seat. Taking a seat, they begin to pass side glances, whispering to each other, some even glaring at me.

"Where's your brother?" the blond tipped kid asks me.

I turn my head towards him and cock an eyebrow. Staring straight at him, I find that behind him, all of the other students have their full attention on our conversation. Finding it strange and suspicious, I turn my head away from them and look straight at the bored, leaning my cheek onto the palm of my hand.

"Did you kill him?" the boy asks.

I snap my head towards him and furrow my eyebrows. "Kill?"

"I mean, that's what everyone's saying."

"And who is this everyone?" I ask, squinting my eyes at him.

His eyes widen as his face slightly pales. "I-It wasn't me! I swear! They're just rumors!"

I move back into my seat, looking at the rest of the class. "Explain."

They all stare at me, quickly averting their gaze while giving small glances.

"Tch."

"Slut."

"What?" I ask, snapping my head to a group of girls.

"Don't think you're slick!" one exclaims.

"Yeah!" another one joins.

"I didn't do anything," I argue, confused and annoyed at the accusations.

"We heard what you did, you fuckin' witch!" a boy yells.

I look around quickly, trying to spot the teacher, finding that the class is only filled with preteens. "And what exactly did I do?"

"You hooked up with Darren!"

"With who?" I ask, the name not ringing a bell.

"She's talking about Darren Knight, slut," the boy with blond-tips says.

"He's all bruised up because of you!" another kid exclaims.

"Because of me? I wasn't even here yesterday."

"That's because you got caught with Darren by Damian. And you accused him of trying to get with you when you were the one who got onto him first!"

"You're joking," I say, finding this all hard to believe. "Based on what?"

"Darren has a broken nose from Damian. He said that Damian beat him up because of you!"

"Tch. But I didn't even 'hook-up' with Knight," I seethe.

"But you didn't deny the fact that Darren got beaten up because of you!"

"Told you," a voice whispers. "They're monsters from the mountains."

"My mother warned me about them, I didn't think it was true. But I believe it now."

I stare at them in disbelief. "You're all damn fools," I growl. "Believing such false accusations based on minimal evidence."