Summoning the Storm

A helicopter hovers above the blue police box, a grapple extended down to it that has it encased tightly in metal fingers. The pilot inside, a man in his mid-thirties, speaks gruffly into his headset as he flies the box to its destination: "Windmill Eleven to Greyhouse leader. Blue Eagle is airborne. Ready to receive. We're on our way."

A few miles away, two women stand outside a large, pristine white house. One of them, a brunette of around twenty-eight with glasses and a colorful scarf draped over her neck, jumps as a phone rings in her pocket. She answers it in a predominantly Scottish accent. "Hello? Kate Stewart's phone. Oh... oh, hold on." The young woman, whose nametag simply reads 'Osgood,' strides can toward the other She holds out the cellphone nervously, trying to get her attention as she speaks to a gardener. "It's him," the younger one relays vaguely. The older woman, who has short blonde hair cut just below her ears, immediately looks her way with raised brows. "Sorry," says the younger, "it's your personal phone, but... well, I recognized the ring tone. It's him, isn't it?"

The blonde woman, apparently called Kate, takes the cellphone and presses it to her ear. Osgood grows rather breathless, and Kate says gently, "Inhaler." Osgood removes the plastic device from the folds of her scarf and presses the button to send the antibody into her lungs, breathing deeply.

"Doctor," Kate says into the mobile, "hello. We found the TARDIS in a hidden alleyway. I'm having it brought in."

"No kidding," replies the Doctor's voice exasperatedly on the other end. He has to shout over some unknown noise in the background.

Kate's eyes narrow as she attempts to figure out what all the ruckus is on his line. "Where are you?" she asks. As if the Doctor holds the phone to a massive steel fan, the deafening sound of propeller blades meet Kate's ears, and she stares up at the sky in horror.

"Oh, my goodness," she gasps. "Oh, Doctor, I am so sorry. We had no idea you were still in there."

The pilot carrying the TARDIS receives a response in his ear and says, "Roger. Now heading to zero seven. Changing course."