( 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒 )

"chrome socks beamingthrough my peripheral I see you schemingstop dreaming, I leave your body steamingniggas is fending, what's the meaningi'm leaning on any nigga intervening with the sound of my money machining"

through my peripheral I see you scheming
stop dreaming, I leave your body steaming
niggas is fending, what's the meaning
i'm leaning on any nigga intervening
with the sound of my money machining".

roman was at the extreme exposé club on this friday night collecting his weekly revenue from paul. he was sitting in paul's office awaiting his numbers to come back in, sitting in silence. roman and paul's relationship has been a bit strained ever since the jey incident. while roman didn't fully blame paul because he knew that it was jey pushing everything, he also didn't like that he gave jey the "key to the kingdom", so he was a bit cautious about him.

regardless, business was business and he still had a cartel to run, so bullshit was left aside when it came to what needed to be done.

"good numbers per usual roman. hundreds weekly, thousands by the end" paul told him. "your cartel continues to push good".

"that's all I wanted to hear" roman chuckled.

"how've you been lately?" paul asked him. looks like they might have a legit conversation, something they haven't had in a while.

"good. y'know i've been fine" roman told him. "wife is pregnant so it's exciting times in the household".

"oh wow congratulations!" paul exclaimed. "I know when I tell linda she'll be so happy. do you know the gender yet? we'll send you guys something".

"nah we don't find out for another few weeks" roman said.

"oh okay, when you do let us know so we can send you guys something" paul told him.

"thank you" roman said with a weary smile.

silence hit the room and it was just paul and roman staring at each other. they were both waiting for each other to say something but paul didn't know what to say anymore and roman didn't really care to further the conversation. I guess that's what happens when the relationship has been strained.

"roman.... I wanna apologize to you" paul finally said after sitting in silence for a few minutes. "for the jey situation... it turned out so bad".

"why are you apologizing?" he wondered.

"I should've told you what was going on. jey wanted it to be a secret so I kept it that way" paul sighed. "I should've been honest I mean I was doing business with you first and going behind your back to work with someone that wasn't even supposed to be in that position was shady".