SIX .

SIX DAYS. It had been six days since I've spoken with my Ahmed.

I've been in my chambers just as the Sultan had told me to do, but all I've been doing is starving myself and crying.

Mary Hatun tried to feed me some soup but I couldn't even look at any food without breaking down, and after so, nobody even had tried to help me. The food was starting to stink up the room but I had no strength to do anything but cry.

I wanted to escape the palace only a few days ago but now I feel like I could die without Ahmed, it hurts to know that he is angered by my actions, but I know I did something wrong...

I move my head so the sun is directly in my face, a tear builds up in my eye and falls on my cheek ending its journey on my lips.

I try to get up from the bed but my body is too weak from not eating, my legs tremble and I try to hold myself up by putting a hand on the wall but the next thing I know I am on the ground.

I let out a loud sob that fills the room.

I push my body up against the wall holding my knees close to my chest, my mind filled with images of Ahmed forgetting me, forgetting that I exist.

Sadness fills my mind with those thoughts, I can't bear to be away from him any longer...

SUDDENLY the door swings open, I groan.

"I'm not hungry just send the food away!" I shout through my cries.

I feel my body being lifted making me lift my head and I see the Sultan..
He carries me to my bed and gently places me down, Ahmed takes a deep breath in before he looks at me holding his hands behind his back.

"Why have you been starving yourself, "  He says calmly...
I just stare at him admiring his face that I hadn't seen in so long for many seconds before answering.

"You have been punishing me for my actions but by that, I feel as if I can not breathe–" I clear my throat before going on.

"You are my sun, my moon, my day, you are the ruler of my heart and body, and without you I am nothing..." I stop for a second and I sit up in my bed but my body being too weak it hurts.