Chapter 9

Allison

"You're crushing me?" why the hell did I say that? he wasn't even hurting me

"You're crushing me?" why the hell did I say that? he wasn't even hurting me. In fact, it was the opposite. I wanted to be in that embrace all night; the way he held me was also low key, turning me on as well, but who could blame me? He was handsome, sexy, and charming, I thought to myself as I sit in my little office the following morning, scolding myself for the reaction that happened just a few hours ago.

The truth was being in his embrace was indeed suffocating but in a good way. His scent of body wash and sandalwood cologne was heavenly; his embrace was strong and firm and yet gentle as how you would cradle something precious. It was in a way disarming that I was so comfortable in his embrace. It felt like I fit, and I belonged there, which was crazy; I barely knew him. He had his moments of kindness, then you add arrogance, confidence, and yet around me, he was nervous? It confused the hell out of me, and besides that earth-shattering kiss we shared, that's all I knew of him.

He walked in the following morning, and I could tell he was tired, but he was on time, so that's big Kudo points for me, we went through our session, and it was pleasant; he did everything I asked, at times he would pout and seeing that was torture because all I wanted to do was kiss those pouty lips. He was adorable. As we got to know each other, we got more comfortable with each other, and he started to flirt a little more than usual, which would usually make me blush.

Could I take him seriously about it? How the hell do I know? If I fell for every sweet charm talking athlete I worked with, then my dates would have ranged in the couple hundreds, both men and women; I'm not going to be bashful; I know I'm a looker. I was fit, curves in all the right places, and thanks to my mom, I inherited her height that came with beautiful long legs, Hazel brown hair that bounced around light and airy, especially when I have it curled. My favorite part of me, I will say, was my eyes, the light shade of blue that matched my mom and her mother, my Grams back in Texas, and I was the only one that got it out of siblings.

Even though my brothers and I shared the same shade of hair color, their eyes were hazel brown just like dads, which made me stand out even more when we were together, so do I understand the attraction? Sure, but Danny Callister himself is also walking sex on skates, so he could get any woman he wants, he's been linked to supermodels, for crying out loud, and even though I'm pretty, I wasn't supermodel gorgeous.

Standing at 6'4, and pretty sure all muscle from what I felt with his hugs, and broad shoulders that he probably stole from Zeus himself, his sweet smile and devilish grin at times show off the dimples on his already handsome face, chiseled jaw, and blue eyes that is a darker shade than mines.

There should be a permanent caution sign flashing over his head because even though he was that sexy, he was trouble; he was Hook-up able but commitment unattainable; I once heard from chattering women at the bar that night he kissed me.