Chapter 17

Allison

It's game night, and I was able to say hi to my parents before I had to check on the players before the game; I tried my best to avoid the visiting team's locker room because I knew Andrew was going to be there, but when their coach spotted me in ...

It's game night, and I was able to say hi to my parents before I had to check on the players before the game; I tried my best to avoid the visiting team's locker room because I knew Andrew was going to be there, but when their coach spotted me in the hallway and I couldn't be rude.

"Hey, Ms. Mayer! I heard from you, brother, that you are here now, I truly am sorry about my idiot players, one in particular, but you look great!" He says with a warm smile.

"Thanks, coach. I am doing great; no worries, it's nice to be closer to the family too," I smile back. "That's really good to hear, I just saw your parents earlier, and I swear your mother doesn't age," flattery all in his tone.

"Well, I hope I inherited her genes when I'm her age," I chuckle "well, if you need anything, please let me know my office is down the hall, is Kevin in there, or is he out on the ice?" I ask.

"oh, I'm not too sure I was actually going to check the ice now to see who is out there but knowing your brother, he probably is already out there, but I'll see you out there, kiddo" he pats my shoulder, and I say my goodbyes.

I turned back around and headed to my office when I hear our team in the locker rooms still; I decided to get my team sweater in my office since at times it gets chilly by the ice, and it would only be for a quick second, once I opened the office door, I see Andrew fully dressed standing there by my desk staring right back at me.

"What are you doing in here? Please get out," I glare at him. "oh hmm, I need to get taped," he says as he tries to look into my eyes. "don't you have a traveling doctor for that?" I say, annoyed, still standing at my doorway, arms crossed.

"I can't find him, but I miss you, Allie," he says, taking 2 steps forward, so I took 2 steps back almost out in the hallway. "stay right there, I don't miss you, I've moved on, Andrew," I say sternly watching his eyes widen in curiosity.

"Allison, you and I both know your bad at lying," he says with a grin. My phone chirps in my pocket, but I don't check the message as I am too distracted at staring Andrew down.

"I am not lying, Andrew, I'm sure you have a bunch of women already waiting at your hotel tonight, and I'm not stroking your ego either I just can't even look at you; I'll go find your trainer to tape you," I say confidently and surely, and he's a bit surprised.

"Allie, I'm not lying I really do miss you; all those women meant nothing, and the ones that want me only want my money and are shallow, but you loved me for who I was, and I took that for granted, I admit I was an idiot," he said honestly.

"well, I'm sorry you only realized that now, but I am telling you I do not miss you, and you hurt me badly Andrew, I don't ever want to see you again. Also, my boyfriend wouldn't appreciate you saying all these things to me right now," glaring at him.