Chapter 6

After I finished all the chicken by myself, I continued working and meeting other people

After I finished all the chicken by myself, I continued working and meeting other people. Thankfully most of them just came to my office and I don't need to go to other places.

I'm still processing what happened yesterday. I texted Sena to create an appointment for her for tomorrow.

Sena is a psychiatrist, she works at their hospital as a M.D. psychiatrist. We've been friends since grade school, she knows all the things that happened in my life even the smallest secret I have.

She's been there when I'm still struggling with everything I have right now. Even my sister, Luanne loves her like her own sister.

"Ms. Liv? Mr. Lincoln's son is here". I looked at her confused.

"Okay, let him in". I straightened my back and kept my poker face.

"What can I do for you Mr. Shim?". I said formally while typing on my computer. He sat in front of me.

"I wanted to build a good relationship with you since we will soon become a business partner". I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay? So?". I don't know what to say.

"I can feel the tension in the air since day 1, I wanted to clear all the things happened-"

"You don't need to tell me what to do, I know what I want and I know what I should do. All of this is just a business, no personal life involved. Is that clear?". I stopped typing and looked straight into his eyes.

"You don't need to worry Jake, if that's your concern. You may leave now if you don't need anything from me". I make my voice sound so firm.

"You really change". My eyes followed him as he got up from his seat and twisted the doorknob.

I stopped typing and got up, I walked towards him. He moved to face me.

"Don't you dare call me that. Now I am glued back again. I don't have to apologize to you for choosing to fix what you broke". I replied, stopping the water forming in my eyes to stream down.

He looked at me but he stayed quiet. Our eyes just lock to each other. He moved his hand towards my face but I quickly stopped his hand and walked back to my seat.

When he fully left my office I broke down into tears. I just leaned on my desk to hide my face.

I mean he should have expected that! Victim blaming, huh?

I finished the day smoothly, thankfully. I went home and called it a day.

The next day it's Saturday so it's my day off. I have an appointment with Sena after lunch and it's still early.

I checked my email first before I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I saw Luanne with her laptop on her lap.

"My assistant will bring the clothes later, don't forget the signature!". She exclaimed.