Chapter 17

The ride started to move

The ride started to move. He didn't let go of my hand.

"Yah! I'm gonna die because of this ride!!". Jake screams while closing his eyes tightly.

"Whoooo!" I shouted while enjoying the ride.

"Mom, Dad, Brother! I love you all!". I can't focus because Jake keeps on shrieking.

"STOPPPP!!! WAAAAHHH!". He shouted again.

"Please stop this! STOP!". I keep on laughing at him.

"Stop laughing moron!". But I end up cracking up again.

The ride finally ended. Until the end I kept on laughing at him. I hold my tummy hurting because of laughter.

"It hurts, ah!". I exclaimed.

"That serves you right". Jake helped me to get up and walked to the exit.

"Hey! I can't focus because of you!". I slightly pout.

"It's not my fault, you dragged me to that crazy ride!". He massaged his temple.

We rest a little before buying churros, theme parks moments will never be the best without having a churros of course.

"I died laughing at you". I said and chewed.

"Well I died because of that ride that you suggested". He said, I slightly laughed.

"There's a fireworks show at 9:30, do you want to see?". I quickly nodded.

"It will be a great sight in the Ferris Wheel". I said excitedly.

We go to the ferries wheel and get in.

"Don't move". Jake commands but I keep on moving.

"Liv, please, don't move!". I looked at him laughing.

"Dude, it's just a ferris wheel". I said, sitting across from him.

The rides moved until we reached the highest. I looked outside, it's so beautiful. The lights from above and the cold air.

"So beautiful". I was amazed by the view.

"Really beautiful". I looked at him, he's looking at me. He looked more relaxed now.

"Ahh!". I said in surprise, causing me to move beside him when the fireworks show started.

I looked at the fireworks, astonishing. My teenager heart is so happy being here. Finally crossing out the country in my bucket list.

"Are you happy?". He whispered, I looked beside me.

"I am very happy, thank you...". I sincerely smile.

"I'm glad to hear that". He smiled and patted my head.

"I really enjoyed this day. This is one of the best days in my life". I sniffled, holding my tears.

"Hey, are you crying?". He held up my chin.

"No. I'm not!". I smacked his hand and chuckled, looking straight at the fireworks.

"I'm just really happy, truly". My tears dropped, I quickly wiped it.

"I never got a chance to enjoy all of my business trips since then. I think I become harsh to myself that I keep myself focused on my work". My tears don't stop falling even though I'm holding it.

"Can you promise me one thing?". I looked at him still wiping my tears.

"What is it?". I asked, confused.

"Can you promise that from now on-"

"-you will prioritize yourself and give yourself a break. You will take care of yourself and don't forget to enjoy the rest of your life". He continued, I didn't respond.

"Can you promise?". He put up his pinky finger and asked again.

"I will try my best, Promise". I put my pinky finger and locked it to his pinky.

"Thank you". I gave him a quick hugged.

"You're always welcome". He hugged me too before I moved to the other seat.

I calmed down and the ride came to an end. I can feel that there's a part in my heart that finally breathes.

"Let's go to *** overview". I looked at him confused.

Jake pulled my hand to get in the car. He told the driver the place, and the car started. The sky looked darker compared to earlier, which makes it more beautiful.

The car stopped, I bet we already reached the place that Jake talked about. As soon as I stepped out of the car, my mouth formed 'O' while looking around.

"What is this...". I'm too amazed at the view.

It's an overlooked spot. You can see the city from here. It's really beautiful looking at the lights and fresh air.

I ran towards the railings looking so excited, cold air greeted me. I looked back and leaned my back towards the railings while looking at him with my brightest smile.

I feel more comfortable again with him. Is this right? Should I go for it or not? Is it safe to do that?-

"Do you like it?". I went back to myself when he spoke.

"I love it! It's so beautiful". I smiled at him.

We stayed for a minute without talking. Letting ourselves take a deep breath and relax.

 Letting ourselves take a deep breath and relax