Chapter sixteen / saamdaamdandbhed

Hey my beautiful readers....
Sorry but the last few chapters are taking a bit longer than hoped... but I hope the wait has been worth it....
Enjoy...
And dont forget to vote.....

Saam. Dhaam.  Dhand  bhed

The next day,
Morning...
In the dinning room...

"Well! Well! Well! Lookie who is here!" Prakash watch as Abhimanyu and Shivangi entered the dining table, walking side by side. Thakur RamChandra Singh Chauhan watched with pleasure as the two came and took his blessings.
"Good morning! Pranaam! Dadusa! Dadisa!" Thakur Sa looked with pleasure at the glowing face in front of him. Seeing her eyes twinkling with happiness, he couldn't help the soft chuckle from coming out. Just the thing that was missing.
"Abhimanyu! This is sudden!" Dadisaa looked pleased...
"It is Dadisa.. I wanted to surprise my favourite girl." Dadisa had a happy blush on her cheeks, as Abhimanyu swooped down and kissed her soft cheeks.
"It is good of you to come and we love having Prakash. We were just catching up with Prakash." Dadusa looked at Abhimanyu as he entered the dinning room. Hmmnn... just as he had thought... finally Abhimanyu, his errant grandson has come good with Maira.......he couldn't help the leap of happiness in his old heart. Kamini was all wrong for Abhimanyu and he was relieved that Abhimanyu had realised that.
"Pranaam! Dadusa. It was a bit sudden. But there is something very important that I have to tell you and Dadisa."
"Yes! But that can wait. This is not the place for such a talk. Have your breakfast first then we can all go to the study. We can have our talk there." Abhi looked at Maira as they drew near the dining table. Pulling the chair for her he waited for her to sit then sat in the adjoining chair.
Abhimanyu nodded as he looked at Maira his eyes warmed as they took in her loveliness. He wished he could be alone with her, just them again at the lake. He ached already to hold her in his arms... reliving the moments of last night....
Maira blushed as she looked into his burning eyes, her thoughts going exactly where his were. Finally she did not have to hide her feelings from him. Feeling the warmth of his hands holding her, brought her new strength, both thinking of their precious time just a few hours back.
There had been no barriers between them, they had finally opened up to each other. There standing near the lapping water of the lake, Maira had turned and looped her arms around Abhi, her finger running through his wavy hair..
"Abhi! Why did you leave me then that day, after we came back from the fields? You just left as though you were ashamed, you didn't even look at me, just turned and walked away. Not a word. That night that we spent on that tree, hiding from the bandits, in the orchards. I knew that you wanted me as desperately as I wanted you. And when under the tree, we made love, it felt so perfect. Your touching me, i.it f.felt..so so perfect.. as though it was meant to be....it was ethreal. I.I know I had feelings for you that were not normal, that night I knew with a certainty. And when we made love, I could feel your feelings . But then I didn't know what to think when the next day, you just left without a word. I felt..I thought that maybe what had passed between us meant nothing more then momentarily pleasure for you. I was so stunned, I didn't know what to think..what to do. Your leaving like that almost broke me."
"I am sorry, Maira....I regret that moment the most, believe me. I know I acted like a coward that day. I ran away that morning. I was so overwhelmed by my feeling for you that I just ran away. I didn't dare turn and look knowing that if I did, I would not be able to leave. I had feelings, but I was so confused, so shit scared, I did the only thing that I felt I could, I ran, rather than face them or you......" He turned around and slowly led her towards a tree. They sat there looking at the sky already turning a , getting ready for the onset of the sunrise.
"Was it because of Kamini? Because you loved her then?"
" No!! I have never loved Kamini. You know Mahira, I always placed more importance on my work, then on my feelings Maira. I was a workaholic and all I did was work. All I dreamt of was work. When my father and Kamal Pratap came up with idea of merging the two houses along with the businesses, I agreed to the engagement with Kamini. It suited me because, my sole focus was my work and Kamini knew that. She just wanted my name my status. And me I just wanted to please my father, make my name in the business world. She would have been a convenient wife, whom I could ignore, who did not take me away from what I thought I loved the most. So when we met I admit shamefully I was a very shallow man. You turned my world upside down, I didn't know what was happening to me. I was running around shit scared, with you I totally lost focus. Suddenly my priorities changed."
"But I would never tell you to leave your work for me!"
"I know sweet heart and it was not you but me. I suddenly lost my drive, all I could think of was you. And that scared the hell out of me. But when you ran away from Delhi, all I could think of was finding you. And when I reached Suratgarh and came to know that Jaswant and you were getting married, I just knew that there was no way in hell that I was going to let this marriage happen. Believe me darling, this marriage is as real for me as it can be. When we were taking the pheras, when I filled your mang with sindhoor, when I tied the mangalsutra around your neck... I did it knowing this was what I truly wanted. What deep down my heart wanted. Every step that we took together, was what was meant to be, and there was nothing more sacred then that. You are my wife, Maira, and that is not going to change. Now or ever."