Special Chapter - The Future

Everything was dark. Where was I? It sounds like I'm underwater and I can hear people in the distance. My body doesn't want to move through. I desperately wanted to get up I feel like the walls are closing in on me. I have to move. Before I knew it my eyes met a wooden ceiling. I looked around I was hooked up to an IV. This seemed familiar a little too familiar. Had I dreamt all of the past years? Did I just wake up from being stuck in the ice? I tried to sit up but I had no strength in my body. I inched my body up trying to at least lean my body on the bed frame. Why was I so weak? I caught my breath as I finally was able to sit straight up. I looked around the room. It didn't seem like some hospital rather just someone's home. Who's home though. I desperately moved my legs to the edge of the bed and let them touch the floor. I used all my strength to push myself up.

But to my avail failed miserably as my body met the ground. I heard footsteps approaching on the other side of the door and tried to sit up. I was able to get on my knees. The door opened and I looked up to meet bright blue eyes.

"ISA YOU'RE AWAKE!" a smile was plastered on her face. My fears were erased, the last few years did happen. She ran over to me and helped me sit on the bed.

"Thanks for helping an old lady like me out. I don't know why I'm so weak" I turned to look at her eyes. Her smile had dropped. "What is it? What happened Historia?"

"Isa what's the last thing you remember," she asked.

"Huh?" My mind flashed back. I was fighting the colossal titan in Shagshina. "We went to close up the hole in Shangshina and then the Beast Titan showed up. I had to fight off Bertholt and then everything is blank after that" I rubbed my head trying to desperately remember what happened.

"I don't know how to tell you but that was four years ago Isa" my eyes widened.

"Four years ago?" No that can't be true. What have I missed "So we succeed in the mission" I smiled I looked over to see she didn't smile. What exactly happened while I was gone.

"He left a few months ago and we don't know what to do now. He's been moving on his own and they're afraid he's going to drag us into it". I rubbed my head. I thought my story was crazy but everything I had known had just been torn down. There are people outside the walls and they want everyone on the island dead? Who would've guessed that? On top of that, there are giant titans in the walls that the founding titan can control but they need Zeke and Eren for that. And now Zeke is apparently an ally? This doesn't make sense. He murdered all of the Scouts including the commander. My head hurt. My heart hurt. I didn't know what to think right now. While everyone was trying to figure out how to save the island I was taking a four-year nap.

"I need a drink" I chuckled.

"I know a lot has happened. But with you back now there's more hope." she smiled "We can't leave the faith of the people in Eren anymore" Eren, that kid is all grown up and I missed it. The Eren I said goodbye to four years ago wouldn't do this. He was impulsive but he was logical. What was he thinking leaving the island not only defenseless but at a time of crisis? But apparently, Armin now has the colossal titan. Another life that is now going to be cut short. Come to think of it how did I survive? I hadn't been able to even bring that up because of all the things we had to catch up on. I'll have to ask the kids.

"So when do you think the gang will get here" I tried to change the conversation. We had been talking for hours now.

"Any minute now the new railroad system really made it easier. Let me go get you some more tea." she smiled and walked out the door. I sat in bed and looked out the window the sun was setting. Suddenly the door slammed open and in walked the gang. They all looked so much older now. I wonder if I did too. Their eyes were widened and ran over to my bed. Mikasa ran over to me and gave me a big hug.