3

Days passed and Hange still had no clue as to how I managed to survive. Every day I spent in that hospital room it felt like the walls would become smaller and smaller. I understood why the Scouts left the walls, after so long you want to know what's outside. Even if you have everything you need right in front of you, you still can't help and wonder what lies beyond.

But I wouldn't let these walls hold me back. I had been in the ice for over a hundred years and I had to make up for that so I ate as much as I could and worked out my body to its limits. Even if I looked small and fragile my body was a temple of strength.

As I mentioned before I was gifted with power that was passed down through the generations and I had to be in best shape to wield it. Aside from working out, I decided to read up on the events that had led up to now and also any information about the titans. There was no way I was going to survive out there without knowing how to kill those things, which after hours of reading I figured out was by cutting out their nape. They basically had no other weakness.

The day finally came where I would be tested to see if I had the talent to join the Scouts. I was informed that usually, cadets went to training for three years and after that, they were able to choose which branch they would join. Only the top ten though could join the Military Police. I thought that was kind of stupid though. Why have the strongest soldiers in the interior and the weakest at the front lines.

It seemed as the government had little interest in being free from the confines of the walls. But that would make sense; they were probably living lavishly in the interior walls feeding off the people's money. They were exactly what a government shouldn't be.

In my village, although my father led we didn't take from the people. We provided for them. Everyone worked their hardest to all be equal. My family didn't hold themselves above others. Although my father and I were stronger in strength that didn't make us any more important than others.

This is exactly why I thought the Scouts were the place to go. These soldiers put their lives at risk and fought for those who couldn't. They were just like me. Well not entirely.

As I finished my work out for the day I went to take a shower. Everything nowadays is so advanced before I would wash myself in the springs near my home. But now the water came to you. Maybe living here isn't going to be so bad.

Once finished I dressing myself in the clothes Hange left for me: a pair of white pants and an off white button-up. It wasn't the most comfortable thing but it would work. It was now around noon and my test was about to come up.

Hange entered the room screaming

"Good Afternoon shorty!"

"We aren't that close yet Hange don't call me names"

"Hehe sorry Isa. Anyway since the Cadet Corps is too far to go today so we decided to just run a few tests here before we take the trip. Follow me"

As I walked out into the hallway I saw other soldiers in the hallways they didn't seem to notice me which calmed my nerves. She led me down multiple hallways and I couldn't stop to think that this place was a lot bigger than I had anticipated. Humanity has advanced a lot since I've been gone. This place was practically a giant mansion

"Here we are"

Hange opened a door to what led to an open field. There were a few soldiers there working out or training in close combat.

"This is where our soldiers train daily. In order to go outside of the walls, we have to be in top shape or we won't survive."

"Well, I hope I can keep up. I'm a little rusty I haven't sparred in well over a hundred years"