.21

Thick strands of searing sunlight pierced the windshield of Eli's car and kept me on the passenger side, with him firmly on the driver's side, almost like the light was a natural barrier forcing us to keep our distance. 

An entire morning of drooling over him shirtless was enough to make me distracted, so after a few solid lyrics were written, I escaped to my room to pack up anything I couldn't live without from my father's house, and the end result were the pieces of jewelry my mother had gifted me before she'd passed away, a scrapbook filled with mementos of her, and the rest of my favorite clothes that I hadn't had room for before in my small dorm closet. 

The pieces were in motion, and all that was left were the confirmation that I would still be able to attend the New York Conservatory the following Fall after completing my first two semesters at UCM and permission from my grandmother to live with her while I went to school in New York. 

Oh yeah, and somehow figure out how to win the talent showcase money with only three months to prepare, when the rest of the entries had at least double the time to prepare because they actually knew they'd be entering when they were accepted to the school in the first place. 

At least my father had actually believed that I'd been remorseful of my actions and had told me I'd be getting my recording equipment back the next weekend I came back home to visit, and while it was one week too long to go without my things, I was more than ready to stay on my father's good side...for the time being.

My phone dinged in my hand and I quickly pulled the notification down and curved my body farther out of Eli's sight, just in case it was about what I'd already asked of my two best friends. 

Hazel:  I'll be at a dinner until nine tonight, but I should be back around 9:30.

Bea:  I'm going on a date so I probably won't be coming back at all.  

Bea:  Don't be silly, wrap his willy. 

Bea:  Use a rubber umbrella

Bea:  Sex is cleaner with a packaged Weiner 

Hazel:  Wrap it before you tap it!

Bea:  No glove, no love

Bea:  It'll be sweeter if he wraps his Peter

Me: GUYS!  We are NOT having sex!

Well...at least I wasn't intending on sex.  If certain circumstances were to transpire which would lead to something more than-

"V?  You good?"

"Huh?  Oh, yeah I'm fine, but Bea and Hazel being crazy."

"Oh, okay, well we're here."

I could see that.  What I couldn't see what how I was going o lure Eli into my dorm room and- no, no I was definitely overthinking.  It wasn't supposed to be that hard.  That had to be a sign, right?

"Awesome.  Thanks for the ride.  Um...I guess I'll see you later?"

I was such a chicken.  Faced with his gorgeousness right up in my face, and I had totally and completely lost all of my nerve that I'd had when asking Bea and Hazel to not be at the dorms for a few hours.  There was still four hours until Hazel was supposed to be back, and I was giving up on my 'mission' already.  

"No problem.  Hey, do you need help with that bag?"

I had totally forgotten about the giant duffel bag packed with the rest of my wardrobe and keepsakes that I'd brought from my father's house.