Obsessions Part 76

Another lazy day in the council. There's nothing to do again since Sayaka and Tsumugi finished all the paperwork super early. Even the accounting that's supposed to be Mary's job was done by them.

Itsuki had brought a feast today so you invited everyone to have lunch together in the council room.

"How many times do I have to say this. I can eat on my own." You said.

Yumeko and Sayaka were sat beside you. Each of them held a spoonful of food to your mouth.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Y/n," Yumeko said. "I'm your sister. I don't know about miss vice president though. Did you replace her job as a babysitter now?"

"You're way too obvious, Tsumugi spoke beside Sayaka. "I'm rooting for you but you're dang embarrassing."

Amidst the chaos, Itsuki sauntered towards you with a huge grin. Yellow orbs followed her movements with a suspicious gleam.

"Pre~si~dent~" she called out in a singsong voice.

"Hm? Yes?"

Manicured nails traced your shoulders down to your collarbone as she slowly hugged you from the back.

"What do you want Itsuki?"

"She's sucking up to you, Mary said with a disgusted face.

"That's so rude." Itsuki pretended to be hurt. "I only wanted to invite President to our factory."

"Factory?" You asked. "You mean, from that famous toy company?"

"Yes! I'll give you a personal tour and even let you take home whatever you want to have."

"Don't go, Y/n," Mary advised.

"I'd love to go!" You said. "I'll pick you up then? Or should we go later after class?"

"Idiot." The blonde mumbled.

"You're too excited Pres. I'll meet you on the weekends so we can take our time."

"I'm coming too," Sayaka said. "It's impossible that you would invite President so suddenly without asking for anything in return."

"You don't have to guard her everywhere. It's her personal life you're invading." Itsuki said. "Unless you applied for a job to become her bodyguard too?"

Sayaka bit her lip. Everyone was staring at her, waiting if she would confirm it.

"It's fine. Sayaka can come." You said.

"Sheesh fine. She could go." Itsuki said.

-----

That weekend, you met up with Itsuki. She was waiting for you alone outside their factory. Sayaka was supposed to be there already but not even her shadow can be spotted.

"Where's Sayaka? I thought she would come here?" You asked.

"She said something came up so she won't make it. Forget about her for now and let's start the tour!"

The girl yanked you inside. The two of you had to shout because the noise of the machines filled the area. Itsuki looked so proud as she explained how each item was made.

"Now take a look at this." She said as she picked up a card from a completed deck.

You squinted your eyes to look at it but in your eyes, there's nothing special in it. It looked like an ordinary card.

"Look here."

Her finger was pointing on the topmost part on the back of the card. As you looked closer, you noticed a very tiny red dot appeared.

"Every card in this deck had that mark on different parts. It would only appear if it went close to this thermal device. You have to be fast to memorize it since it only lasts for a few seconds before it disappears." Itsuki explained.

You nodded at her. She quickly went onto the next item. A dice.

"This one." She gave it to you. "Do you feel any difference in it?"

"No. It doesn't feel like a loaded one. It's an ordinary die right?"

She crossed her arms and snickered at you. There it is again, that proud aura of hers.

"That die is made with a magnet inside. With this ring, you can control the number you want it to land on. You need to practice it a lot though or your opponent would easily see that trick. Also, with the magnet inside, any metal around your playing area would give it away."

"I see, it has a big weakness."

"Mhm."

Itsuki was going too fast. She was showing you item by item with only a brief explanation of each. It was understandable though since this is their business. She can't disclose any major information even if it's you. And also, with so much gadget to go on to, even with a quick description, it still took you a lot of time.

"There's still so much to show you but I guess we can do it some other time." She said.

"Yeah. Thanks so much for showing me around. I've learned a lot. I'll be sure to remember all those stuff so I won't be tricked by my opponents."

"Remember not to tell anyone else, okay? That info is exclusively for you!"

"Yes, yes. I promise."

"Then..."

Itsuki grinned at you as you walked outside.

"Here it comes" you chuckled. "What do you want, Itsuki?"

"I was wondering if maybe, you know, uhm."

"Say it."

"Uhh. Could you vouch for me to become president when you graduate?"

"I appreciate what you've done for me today but I have to apologize. I already have someone in mind to inherit that position."

"What!? Who!?"

"Let's not talk about that yet. Anyway, I'll make sure you won't lose your position on the council. That's all I could do for you."

"Ugh. Fine. I thought I could at least be a President on my last year on Hyakkaou. But ensuring that I'm still in the council next year works fine too."

"Then, I'll get going now. Thank you again for the tour and also for these gifts."

She bowed at you as you left in your car.

----

"Where are they? Sumeragi said we would meet up here. I've been waiting for hours and they didn't show up!"

Sayaka stayed inside a coffee shop. She had ordered her fifth cup as she waited. She tapped the desk with her fingers rapidly when the ringing of her phone startled her.

"Hello? President!"

"Where are you? I'll pick you up now."

You met up with her and explained how she was deceived by Itsuki. She was fuming mad. You apologized for not contacting her sooner and decided to treat her to dinner to calm her down before sending her home.

-----

Sorry, Sayaka 🤣🤣🤣

....