more than what he seems - 2012! raph x male! reader

More Than What He Seems - 2012! Raph x Male! Reader

────────────────────

Request- gabbyviv124

Request is- "When the turtles are up against a villain who "fights" with riddles, the boys call Splinter and (Y/N) for help. When Splinter can't help either, the airhead, (Y/N) is able to save the day by answering the riddles with no hesitation. Raph is super proud of his boyfriend and everyone's surprised because (Y/N)'s typically an airhead or a bit stupid most of the time."

────────────────────

"Wrong!" The mutated villain laughed, blasting away cars on the ride of the road. "We're not getting any of these stupid riddles right!" Raph shouts in annoyance, jumping out of the way before he could get hit.

"This isn't looking good, Leo!" Donnie nervously shouts, shielding himself from flying debris. Leo clicks his tongue in annoyance, "I know, I'll just have to call Sensei!"

While in the lair with Master Splinter, his cheese phone rang. You and Splinter share a glance before he goes to pick it up and answer the call. Leo messily explains the situation over the line and Splinter reassures him that he would be there shortly.

"We must hurry, (Y/N)." Splinter motions for you to follow him and you comply. "What's going on with the guy?" You question, running through the sewers with him.

"There is a mutated villain who appears to fight with riddles. When the boys answer wrong he destroys something, we must go and help." Splinter says, glancing back at you.

"Uhh, okay!" You blurted out, picking up the pace. 'I hope Raph's okay..' You thought, your worry for your boyfriend grew stronger each moment. Eventually you made it up to the surface, the sight of the boys dodging random pieces of metal made you worry even more.

"Sensei!" Leo called out, Raph turned and his eyes widened, "(Y/N)?"

"You guys okay?" You helped your boyfriend stand, they shot you a quick nod and turned back to the mutant.

You took notice of how tall he was, he wore a top hat and suit and his eyes weren't normal, he had no pupils or irises, his eyes were an odd combination of purples and blues.

"Here's another riddle for you," He mischievously grinned at Splinter, "What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?"

Splinter rubs his chin in thought, "Hmm.." His sons look at him anxiously, Mikey grabs onto his shoulder, "Hurry Sensei! You only get ten seconds to answer before-"

"Times up!" He evilly laughs, kicking over street lamps. Raph grabs you by the wrist and pulls you closer to him.

The mutant laughs again before asking, "What does man love more than life, hate more than death or mortal strife; that which contented men desire; the poor have, the rich require; the miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves?"

Splinter begins to think, his brows furrowed in thought. You shrugged your shoulders and spoke, "Uh, it's Nothing."

Your friends and boyfriend stare at your in shock, "Why would you answer-" Leo begins to shout by the villain interrupts, "Correct!"

You take notice of how he shrinks in size, "Did anyone else get that?" You ask. They nod, "We gotta keep getting his riddles right!" Donnie exclaims in realization, "How'd I not guess that before..?" He mumbles.

The mutant laughs again, "No matter, you won't guess my next riddle! What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?"

You scratch your arm before speaking, "The letter 'm'."

When he shrinks again, everyone cheers in excitement. "You got this, (Y/N)!" Raph holds onto your hand, his smile wide.

The others watch you in surprise, "I never realized that (Y/N) was this..smart?" Leo comments, Donnie nods in agreement.

Each riddle given was answered by you in a flash, you looked bored which angered the mutant. Eventually, the mutant grew smaller to the point he stood below your knees, his small form made the six of you laugh.

"How were you able to answer my riddles that easily?!" He balled his fists, glaring up at you.

You shrugged, "Uhh..I don't know? They weren't hard, I guess."

Mikey bends down and grabs the mutant, "You're so cute when you're tiny!"

As Mikey laughs at the mutants desperate attempts to escape his grasp, Donnie and Leo turn to you.

"Sorry for doubting you earlier, (Y/N)." Leo awkwardly rubs his neck, Donnie nods in agreement. "No offense (Y/N), it only shocked us cause sometimes you're a bit of an airhead.."

Leo nods, "Like that one time you thought the light switches in the lair controlled the TV."

"It's okay, no worries." You laughed, shoving your hands into your pockets nonchalantly. Raph wraps his arm around your shoulder and grins widely, "Hah! My boyfriend really is the coolest!"

Along the way back to the lair, Raph couldn't help but proudly brag about you to the others, his wide grin hadn't left his face the whole way back as he boasted about you to his family.

"I guess (Y/N)'s more than what he seems to be.." Donnie mumbles to the others as they walk behind you and Raph.

The nod in unison, "Definitely."

────────────────────

hope you enjoyed reading 💕

sorry for not posting yesterday guys!  :| i was at the carnival yesterday and i got a rottmnt mikey plush lolol. i'll try and finish up all the requests soon so i can open the request box. i'll try to post two more requests later today. 

requests: CLOSED! i am currently NOT taking requests. if i have already accepted to
do your request from earlier, i am working on it now.
— i promise that my request box will be opened really soon. (probably a week or less !) but please come back and check to see if i've opened it so you can make a request 💗 you can either check on recent chapters, or in the description of this book. thank you for understanding.