Chapter 32

Tony was at the front of the group, with Steve following close behind him along with Natasha and Sam. All the others trailed behind, keeping an eye out for any attacks, even is it was Peter who had arranged for the meetup.

As they continue to walk, Clint makes a whistle to gain everyone's attention, before pointing towards a figure. They were crouching on the floor, their head ducked down slightly.

The group moves closer to the figure, and as they do, they recognise the signature spider hero's costume. They stop their movements as they notice his head rise slightly to show that he had his mask off.

As he was facing the other way, all they could see was his fluffy brown hair. Natasha also spotted how he had headphones in, presumably listening to music. They then hear a sneeze coming from Spider-Man, before a quiet 'bless me', causing Clint and Sam to snort slightly.

The sound must have been picked up by the vigilante, as his head whipped around to face them. Doe eyes looked back at them, before he smiles and pulls his headphones out of his ears.

"Oh, you're here," Spider-Man says, happily. "I was wondering when you'd get here. C'mon, there's a lot we have to talk to you about."

He turns around and starts walking down a hill, towards what seemed to be a SHIELD quinjet.

"P-Peter?"

"Hm, yeah?" He turns back around, his face innocent with a gentle smile.

"You're Spider-Man?" Natasha asks, even she looked surprised.

He chuckles and says, "This isn't the first time you've figured that out, Natasha. But all of you is new, so c'mon, like I said, many things to talk about."

He smiles again, before continuing to walk, with everyone following after him. Eventually they get to the quinjet, a few people walk down onto the ramp where they were gathered.

Coulson walks over to Peter and places a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Did you really need to be in your Spider-Man suit? It looks like you freaked them out."

"That could also be cause you're supposed to be dead," May points out, rolling her eyes at him. Coulson shrugs and sneakily winks at Peter, who chuckles in response.

"I have... So many questions," Tony says, rubbing the bridge of his nose. 

"Ask away," Peter replies, sitting on the hood of one of the cars (no, not Lola, Coulson would kill him).

"Spider-Man? How?" Tony asks.

"I went on a field trip to Oscorp, they were experimenting on spiders and making them radioactive, one escaped and bit me, and voila. Powers," Peter explains, wincing as he remembers the pain of getting the powers. "Then my uncle died, because I didn't stop a robber, so I decided to become Spider-Man. You know the rest."

The room is quiet after the mention of Ben's death, before Natasha asks, "What did you mean by I found out 'again'?"

"Because I'm from the future of course," Peter grins, causing the Avengers jaw's to drop. "Well, technically an alternate universe now."

"Really?" Bruce asks, his eyes shining, obviously excited by the idea of time travel.

Peter hums and nods, smiling. "Sadly not using technology, Bruce. I had to use the mystic arts to get here." Before anyone can ask more about it, he says, "Please do not ask to meet them, Strange hates me enough already."

Everyone is awkwardly silent for a while, before Coulson steps in and says, "Why don't we get onto why we're all here."

"Oh, right!" Peter replies, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He then looks at Wanda and asks, "Would you mind using your powers to show everyone my memories? I think it'd be much easier that way."

Wanda looks surprised at first, before she smiles and nods, red whisps gathering around her hands. The whisps of magic travels to Peter's head, before everyone slowly gets pulled into a dark room, before Peter's memories of why they're there are played.

~~~~

A/N: Hello, I suck, I know :,)

But I'm back (kinda)! I'll try to post more of this book more often, don't worry!

Please leave suggestions, I'm clutching at straws at this point ToT