Chapter 3

Loki had been acting weirdly, according to the Avengers. He had been smiling and spending more time on his phone, than even reading (which shocked Thor the most, as he always saw his brother lost in a book).

So, Clint had decided to find out what was occupying the demi-god's time. He had made a plan, and he just needed to sit in the vents and wait.

Right on time, FRIDAY tells Loki that his brother was expecting him in his room. Loki groans and stands up, leaving his phone on the sofa's arm rest. He walks out of the room, towards his step-brother's room.

Clint smirks and jumps down from the vent, and he opens up Loki's phone. When he does, he sees a new message from a contact called 'Spider'.

This is going to be interesting.

~~~~

Spider
Hey, Mr. Mischief!

Mr. Mischief
Hey, Spidey

Spider
You remeber our last conversation?
You know, about bats?

Mr. Mischief
Oh yeah, sure
What about it?

Spider

Who are you, and why do you have Mr. Mischief' s phone?

Mr. Mischief
How did you know?

Spider
First, he doesn't call me 'Spidey'
Secondly, we have never talked about bats

Mr. Mischief
Very good deductions
Now, we've all been very worried about 'Mr. Mischief' as he's been very... Happy
You got anything to do with it, by any chance?

Spider
Why's that worrying?
Everyone should be happy!

Mr. Mischief
Jeeze, how'd he find someone as nice and sweet as you?

Spider
Thank you, mr/ms/mrs/mx stranger!

Mr. Mischief
Shoot, he's coming back
Here's my number: xxx-xxxx-xxx
And call me Bird
Oh, and I'm I'm male

Spider
Bye, Mr. Bird!

~~~~

Clint smiles and quickly deletes the messages from Loki's phone and quickly jumps back into the vents, quickly scurrying away from the living room, and towards his bedroom, where his phone was lying, awaiting him on his desk.

He jumps down and grabs his phone, flopping down on the bed. As soon as he does so, his phone makes a 'ping' noise. He unlocks his phone and he sees a message from an unknown number.

~~~~

??
Hey, Mr. Bird!
It's Spider, from Mr. Mischief's contacts

Mr. Bird
Hey, Spidey!

Spider
So, how do you know Mr. Mischief?

Mr. Bird
I work with his brother

Spider
Wow!
That's so cool!
Ah, I've gotta go
I'll message you later, Mr. Bird!

Mr. Bird
Be careful, Spidey!

~~~~

Clint sighs as he puts his phone down. He didn't know what it was, but something about this kind person made him want to protect them. Especially from Loki. He still didn't trust him fully. I mean, could you blame him? Loki did mind control him.

He shakes his head, trying to remove those thoughts from his head. He smiles at the thought of getting to know this person. He could see why Loki liked them.