Chapter 21

Natasha and Clint were walking back towards the tower, when the red haired women stopped in her tracks.

Clint turns to look back at her and he asks, "What's wrong, Nat?"

The former Russian spy then ran back in the direction they had just came from, only shouting back as response, "I'll meet you back at the tower!"

Clint simply shrugs- used to Natasha doing this sort of thing to him- before continuing on his way, back to the tower.

After a while of running, Natasha could see the three ahead of her. She slows down to a walking pace and follows after them, supposedly toward's the man's house.

As they were approaching a building complex, the spy started to wonder why she hadn't just stopped them in the street, like she would have done with anyone else.

It was then that she noticed she had been watching the small boy's sleeping head on Peter's shoulder. Damn that kid, Natasha curses in her head. He's making me soft.

Once the three entered an apartment, Natasha knocked on the door. A minute of silence envelops the apartment, before she hears sounds of rushing around. The door then swings open revealing a slightly flushed Aaron Davis.

Natasha raises an eyebrow at him, and he nervously chuckles before answering her unasked question, "We thought you were Miles' dad."

"And you had to rush around because of him, why?" Natasha asks, confused on their motives.

"He doesn't know Miles is transgender, yet," Aaron replies, in a quieter tone. "And we didn't want to wake him, jut to tell his dad, or to tell my brother without him awake." Natasha nods, taking in the new information about the family. Aaron then asks, "But I do have to ask, why are you here?"

Natasha responds to him, "I need to talk to Peter about his... Injuries."

Aaron tenses, and Natasha watches as the man gets ready to close the door on her face, as to help the teen. Natasha grabs the door before it slams and she looks directly in his eyes, before saying calmly, "I just want to talk."

~~~~

Peter and Natasha were sat in the spare bedroom, Natasha had a cup of coffee while Peter had a cup of hot chocolate.

"So," Natasha starts. "How did you get your powers?"

Peter's head snaps up and his eyes widen. He shakes his head rapidly and starts scribbling in the notepad. 

Natasha sighs and says, "Peter, it's okay. I know you're Spider-Man, and I just want to make sure you're keeping safe and that you're trained properly."

Peter looks up at her apprehensively, before starting to write how he got his powers, and what happened with the Vulture, and so on.

After half an hour of Peter explaining, Natasha stands up and says, "Well that settles it then. Every weekend- so you can still go to school- I will train you, as Spider-Man, to be better at combat."

Peter looks at her with shining eyes and smiles brightly. he then quickly writes, getting worried, 'Are you going to tell the others?'

Natasha shakes her head as she responds, "No, I don't think they will react as well as I did. We should wait a while, before we tell them. And before then, we should show them how much of a good person and hero Spider-Man really is." She then places a gentle hand on his shoulder and says, "In and out of the mask."

~~~~

A/N: Sorry it took so long to post this! I've just been really busy recently.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!