Chapter 14: I'll be Seeing you

Yuki and Okawa both walk into the train station to head back to their homes, as Fruity and Kokoru begin walk to the train station. 
"You've been staring at me for quite a bit now, Okawa!" Yuki said, smiling at him.
"You're just so beautiful.. just a bit more.." He said, as Yuki hugged him. 

Meanwhile..

As Kokoru and Fruity enter the train station, Fruity wraps his hand around Kokoru, as Kokoru straightens his back and faces forward. Fruity looks at Kokoru's face, as he covers it with his hand.

"What's wr-" 
He notices that Kokoru's face is lighting up his hand red, as Kokoru's grip begins to tighten. Fruity looks forward as well, as his pupils dilate. Kokoru looks at him and notices he's walking with his legs close together.

"You didn't." Kokoru says, looking at his pants.
"Mhm. I did." He says, as he adjusts his pants.
Kokoru lets out a sigh and a smile, as him and Fruity make it and sit outside of the train. As the train arrives, it's empty. Nobody there to bother the 4, as they all step into the train.

Yuki sits in the empty seat, as Okawa sits right next to her. The two lock hands, as Yuki's eyes begin to flutter and shut. Yuki leans on Okawa as Okawa thinks to himself:

"I got really lucky, huh? I can't believe someone like her would try to kill herself, but it could happen to the best of us. Still.. I'll be damned if anything happens to her." 

As Okawa is distracted by the neon city that surrounded his vision, Kokoru and Fruity enter a train and sit down, as Fruity cuddles with Kokoru. Fruity naps on him, as Kokoru looks around at the buildings of glowing lights that he couldn't help but stare at. As Kokoru's gaze began to wonder, he looked in front of him.

And Okawa stared right back.

As the two stared at each other, they wouldn't dare engage. Fruity and Yuki, still asleep, were chains around the two, stopping them from jumping from their seats and mauling each other to death. As racing thoughts mad it through their brains, Kokoru finally decided to speak.

"We're all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding." Kokoru whispered, as Okawa's eyes turned to confusion.
"..So you send me a death threat, beat me up at school, and burn my house down just to tell me it was all a big misunderstanding?" Okawa whispered back, as Kokoru tilted his head.
"I didn't burn the house down." He said, as he began to pet Fruity's head.
"Oh, so it just spontaneously combusted?" He said, as he covered Yuki's ears.

After contemplating what to say, the two just agreed not to say anything. Neither of them started conversation, nor did they decide to attack each other. They just sat there, in the comfort of their loved ones. Okawa couldn't take the silence and decided to speak.

"Is your name Kokoru Takao? Like the son of the big bad General Taka-"
"Shut your filthy little pig mouth before I shut it for you." Kokoru whispered, as Okawa pushed onward.
"You're father's fiery speeches on dying honorably in battle just to cower out of it at the last second. For yo-"
"Okawa. My father was too patriotic, and it led to him head up with his heart on the soil of the country he spoke so passionately for." Kokoru said, as Okawa finally connected the dots.
"You didn't." 
"He was a deadbeat, Okawa." Kokoru said, as Okawa finally figured out Kokoru's secret.

Okawa sat there, astonished.

In the War of Flying Men, General Takao was known for his fiery speeches inspiring many teenagers and soldiers to fly themselves into the warships and ending their lives for the prosperity of the country. However, in the Battle of Fallen Men, General Takao was put into a plane and was told to fly into the general's warship and end his life to win the war. But at the last second, he was told his wife was deceased and Kokoru was now an orphan. Takao was told to retreat and go back home, and he obliged. This was seen as Cowardice, and General Takao's name was besmirched. 6 months after the war, he was found dead in his apartment. Cause of death was never found.. until now.

"." They just sat in silence. No way to respond, Okawa picked up Yuki in his arms and left at their stop.
After walking for a bit, Okawa arrives at Yuki's house, and Tanoshi opens the door for them.
"Tanoshi? What are you still doing up? It's 1:40!" Okawa said, as Tanoshi shrugged and went back to his room.

Okawa carried Yuki up the stairs and laid her in her bed, as he went downstairs and slept on the couch he was assigned to.

Meanwhile.. Kokoru and Fruity both walk to their houses. The two talk about the festival and other things that had happened the days before. 

They had arrived at the house of Fruity, and Fruity unlocked his door. 
"Are you not coming in? The bed is ours now." He said, as Kokoru declined. 
"You're milking this, you know that? I can sleep at my house, I'll see you tomorrow!" He said, as he began walking to his house.

He glanced at Okawa's house, now burnt and painted black with ash and debris. He walked toward and into it, and began to search upon the burnt rubble. Suddenly, Kokoru heard a voice ring out behind him.

"You too?" The voice said, as Kokoru turned to face it.

"Rhed? What're you doing here?"
"I wanted to check the rubble too. Akira's asleep, and nobody else is up." He said, as we walked up to Kokoru.
"You don't seem cautious, like Okawa was." Kokoru said, as Rhed smirked.
"It's because if you were a threat, you would've gutted Okawa Toe to Throat at the fight at school." Rhed said, kicking pieces of rubble and debris.
"What's your point?" Kokoru said, as Rhed walked up to him.

"I just wanna walk around with a friend! We're friends, yeah?"