NOT AGAIN

With a heart refusing to beat, Jason noticed Leo get thrown into the canoe lake. Jason struck Red Blood with a lighting bolt, which turned him into dust. That was the last time he showed that day. Sprinting despite the bullet in his shoulder, Jason dived into the lake, swimming after the body that landed against the water's bed. Leo was still, his eyes rolled up into his bloody head. Gripping his wrist, Jason pulled him up, his breath short when Leo didn't gasp for air after breaking through the surface. Frank ran to his side.

"Jason! The enemy is gone. Percy's safe, but Reyna...oh gods." Frank seemed terrified at the sight of the body Jason placed on the deck.

Jason listened for a heartbeat.

"No. He's not breathing."
Frank felt for a pulse.

"No pulse."

"No. come on."
Jason shook Leo, getting no response. Frank finally pulled him away.

"Jason, stop it. There's nothing..."
Leo suddenly lurched, coughing up water and blood from his mouth. He began to breathe again. But it was stale.
"We need to get him into surgery. Where's Katie?"
"I'm here."
Katie runs over, taking a look over Valdez's broken body.

"Oh, gods. This is almost worse than...I...I don't know how to cure this." Katie finally admitted, pouring a little nectar into Leo's mouth.

"We can't just let him die," Jason said. "He sacrificed himself for Percy, for us. He took the blows meant for all of us."
"I know," Katie sat back in defeat. Jason felt sorry for her. The camp's doctor and she was clueless. "I know how to heal. But not like this. Your best chance is with a regular hospital."

Annabeth screamed from the hill she had been unconscious on. A flash of light shone before disappearing, a bewildered Annabeth standing where the light had been.

Jason went to her.

"Annabeth! What's wrong?"
"Red Blood..." she seemed to choke on words, staring at the grass, black and dead. As if Hades...or the son of Hades...

"Where's Red Blood?" Jason demanded.

"He took her. Red Blood disappeared with her..."
"He took Percy?" Jason was shocked.

"Not Percy." Annabeth turned to look Jason in the eyes, her gray gaze hardening in disbelief yet horror.

"Red Blood has Hazel."