18. Talks and 'Tatos

Posie POV

I wake up slowly, feeling very sluggish. I don't like taking naps because I always feel super tired for the rest of the day. I look around to see Jasper at my feet and Alice playing with my hair, smiling down at me.

"Good morning sunshine" She says perkily.

"It 4 PM" I say, my voice raspy from sleep.

They chuckle.

"Rosalie and Emmett say you were a good girl." Jasper says looking sweetly down at me.

All I could do was blush. I had a thing for being praised. I then remember that I wanted to talk to them about the possibility of me becoming a vampire. I figure it's better to talk in through sooner then later, plus i'm pretty curious so I say, "Do you think I could talk with you about something?"

"of course!" Alice responds.

"Could we maybe go somewhere a little bit more private?"

They both look at me with confused expressions but Jasper nods his head and comes to lift me off the couch. I was expecting him to give me a piggy back ride or something but instead he just sat me on his hip like a toddler. Kinda weird but he's like superstrong so it makes sense I guess. I kinda like this positions anyway, I am comfortable and have a good view of everything around me.

Jasper walk us into our room setting me down on the bed. I hear Alice shut the door behind us and then she walks over to join us. I wiggle back so my back is against the pillows and Alice and Jasper position themselves on either side of me. "So what did you want to talk about?" Jasper questions.

"Well I was thinking, and I know that I have to be changed into a vampire at some point, but I wanted to know when because i'm still young and I want to finish highschool and experience college and stuff but I know I can't look that old because then I won't be able to pass as a highschooler in the future which will make it harder to blend in but then-"

I'm cut of by Alice's lips on mine. She kisses me sweetly but firmly and pulls back after a moment. I just look at her stunned, vaguely aware of Jasper moving me into his lap.

"Sweetheart, you need to take a breath" he chuckles out. "If i'm being honest, the Volturi want to meet with us to discuss that matter"

"what's the voolootri?" I ask. They both laugh.

"The Volturi," Alice says emphasizing the word, "is like the government for the vampire world. They call all of the shots having to do with vampire laws. Usually, they would be threatening to kill you if we didn't hurry up and change you, but since you're our mate they are being more lenient."

"But they still want to meet with us to discuss the specifics" Jasper adds. "don't worry though, they are usually more understanding when it comes to mates."

"when will we have to meet with them?" I ask still a little bit on edge

"In about two weeks" Alice answers. I take a deep breath, two weeks until I have to face the big bad voltooti. "Don't worry, everything will turn out fine"

"Ok" I say with a sigh, and Jasper leans down and peppers my face with kisses, planting the last kiss on my lips and letting it linger a little longer. He sits back up and smiles down at me.

"Alright, how about we get some school work done" Jasper says feigning excitement. I just whine but Jasper ignores me and picks me up walking us to the kitchen with Alice in tow.

We spend two hours doing homework and by the time we get done it's 6:30 and i'm getting hungry. Right as my stomach growls, Carlisle walks in and asks me what I would like to eat for dinner.

"What can you make?" I ask

"let's see, do you like steak?"

"YES!" I reply.

"shhhh, Posie inside voice" Alice says and I give her a death glare but she just raises her eyebrows at me.

Carlisle chuckles "alright and how would you like that cooked"

"medium well please" I say with a grin. Steak is my fav, especially with a baked tato.

"She wants a baked potato too" Edward says from the corner of the room.

"Hey! stay out of my head!" I say embarrassed. Everyone laughs.

Time Skip

An hour later, I sit at the table contently eating my steak and baked tato. Jasper had cut my steak into pieces for me because I'm really bad at cutting meat and it was so juicy and good and my baked tato had all the good stuff on it like cheese and bacon and butter. I finish all of my food thanking Carlisle for the delicious meal.

"That's the first time I've ever seen her finish all her food Carlisle." Alice says.

"What can I say? I'm a damn good cook."

"Good job Darlin'." says Jasper and I flush with pride. Again with the praising.

I help clean up and by the time everything is done it's about 8. I have some downtime in the living room and read my fantasy novel "Faefever". Jericho Barrons is so sexy. Before I know it it's 10:30 and i'm yawning. Alice gets up from the chair she was sitting in and walks over to me.

"Let's go to bed" She says holding her hand out for me to take. I take her hand without argument and we walk up to our room and walk into the bathroom where I brush my teeth and wash my face before bed.

When I walk back out Jasper and Alice are already lying in bed cuddling and I smile as I jump in with them. They make room for me and Jasper turns on the T.V. and switches to TeenNick where iCarly aka the best show ever is playing. He turns the volume down low and I nod off slowly to the soft sounds coming from the T.V. and the comforting feeling of Jasper running his fingers through my hair.

.

.

.

So sorry for the long wait on this chapter ya'll but I hope you guys enjoyed it. It's finally summer and I got my own laptop and I also can see a few chapters ahead so hopefully I can update more frequently but it sort of just depends on if i'm motivated or not.

QOTD: Do you prefer dogs or cats?

I prefer cats because they are moody and remind me of myself a lot. I also like that a cat can be a lot less high maintenance then a dog, I don't particularly enjoy picking up shit :).

Love ya'll

~Z