MTBT: Chapter One

Hayden.

Walking out of the locker room I was greeted by cheers and 'good games'. I found my brother again as he was shooting with a bunch of his teammates.

He went to go shoot but missed. "You needed to keep your elbow in more." I suggested stealing the ball and shooting, making it with a swish.

"You just got told." Bryan had said.

"Shut up little sis." he said taking my bag.

"I'm only two minutes younger." I fought back.

"Still younger." he smiled as he put his arm around me.

Just as we reached his car, a very annoying voice screamed out my brothers name, "Holden!"

"Hey babe." he responded. Babe? Didni't he know that the person he just called babe was the one person who's made my life a living hell since middle school?

After they hugged and kissed for what seemed like hours, I finally decided to say something. "Still here." they looked up at me. "Yeah, remember me?"

"Sorry Hay." Holden said.

"I'm not." Brittany snorted. 

"Of course you're not." I mumbled.

"So I'll see you at the party, right?" she asked. There was a party? I shouldn't be surprised. The populars usually hold one after home games on Fridays.

"Yeah. I'll see you there." he gave her one last kiss and I just about gagged.

Once I was in the car, I decided to break the silence, "So you and Brittany, when did that happen?"

"A couple weeks ago."

"And you didn't think to tell me this because...?"

"I knew you hated her."

"But we tell each other everything. Even if I hate her, you should still tell me these kinds of things."

"Well sorry Hay." he finally looked at me with such sincerity, I couldn't stay mad.

"Okay fine, I forgive you. So this party, I'm coming right?"

He gave me a weird look before saying, "You and parties? Since when?" 

"Since now. Just let me take a quick shower." with that I hurried into the bathroom, ignoring the screams of pain my knee was telling me.

Ever since Holden and I reached high school, our parents have been too busy at work to really acknowledge us. Another reason why Holden and I are pretty close, we really only have each other.

After the shower, the bruise on my knee looked pretty gross so I decided on skinny jeans, off the shoulder purple sweater and my sparkly black Toms. Putting on some light makeup and leaving my hair to its natural curls, it flowed down my back reaching past my mid back. Looking  at myself in the mirror, I was satisfied with the way I looked so I made my way down the stairs.

"Geez, took you long enough." he said not leaving his eyes from the TV. "Whoa." he finally said looking at me. "Looks like to me like you're trying to impress someone." he raised his eyebrows.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." and I literally didn't. I wasn't into anyone, so I just thought I should look somewhat pretty for a party. 

"Whatever. Lets go." he grabbed his keys and made his way out the front door. With a sigh, I turned off the lights, locked the door and got into the car.

We weren't even there and I could hear the music blaring from three blocks over. I winced at how loud it was as we got closer.