MTBT: Chapter Two

Joey.

When I saw Hayden at that party, to say the least, I as surprised. But it was about the way she looked up at the stars. She seemed so vulnerable, so innocent, so sweet, so...beautiful.

Woah. What are you saying Joey? That is your best friends little sister. Well she wasn't really little, just two minutes younger than Holden. But there was something about her that was different. And I felt like I needed to figure out what that was. 

After offering her my special drink, I never thought that she would get drunk so easily. We would laugh, talk, dance, and that's when I noticed that she was beyond drunk.

Then she got in a fight with Emma. Emma and I used to date freshman and sophomore year but that's when I realized what kind of person she was so I dumped her. Ever since she thinks we are still together, and I know for sure we aren't. 

To say the least that Hayden being drunk was awful, I'd be lying. Because truth is, she was hilarious and seemed more of herself. But shot after shot I started to regret giving her so much alcohol, I knew Holden was going to kill me, and since it was her first time drinking, she was going to have one hell of a hangover.

"Where are we going?" she asked after I slipped her seatbelt on and started driving.

"I'm taking you home." I told her, before looking at how sad she looked.

"But I don't want to go home. Holden obviously left me for his skank of a girlfriend and my parents are never home. I don't want to be home." she whined. Ever since I knew Holden, I knew that his parents were never around. Which is why he was practically over at my house almost every night. 

I took one more look at her face and sighed. "Okay, I'll let you come over to my house. Because I don't want you to be alone, and I know you will have one hell of a hangover. Dealing with that alone will be a bitch." I truthfully told her. She nodded at me with a smile as her eye lids fell, making her go into a deep sleep. 

By the time I got home, it was almost one in the morning, and not only will Holden be mad at me, but my parents as well. Pulling into the driveway, I opened my door and closed it slowly trying not to make too much noise. I then walked around to the passenger side to carry Hayden inside. 

After unbuckling, not realizing how close I was to her face, I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful face. Why am I now noticing how gorgeous she is. Inside and out? I've known Holden since fourth grade, and to now really get to know Hayden, I wish I had known her then as well. 

Picking her up bridal style, I gently walked to the front door and opened that slowly trying not to wake up my parents.

"Where on earth have you been?" spoke too soon as I heard my mothers voice.

"Shhh." I hushed as I felt Hayden stir. 

"Now who is this?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh stop mom. This is Hayden, Holden's twin sister. She came to the party, and got separated from her brother, and he left her."

"So you decided to carry her into our house?"

"Well I kind of, sorta got her drunk, on accident and she didn't want to be alone. You know how the parents are. So I offered to take her here. Plus, I know she will have one heck of a hangover, and I can help her deal with it."

"I see." she started to smile creepily.

"Mom, don't even start thinking like that. I just started to get to know her."

"I never said anything." she started to go back upstairs. "Just  make sure she doesn't throw up anywhere but a bucket or the toilet." and with that she retreated to her bedroom. 

Kicking off my shoes, I carried Hayden up the stairs and into my room. I turned the light on and made my way to the bed. Putting her on the bed, I covered her up with my blanket and made sure she wouldn't fall off. 

Looking at her face again, I stared, looking at her facial features. Even though her eyes were closed, I knew that her blue eyes would look gorgeous. Her lips were a slight pink, and remembering how she kept laughing tonight brought a smile to my face. Her hair was long and wavy, and I could picture myself just running my fingers through it. 

Stop! Joey, stop thinking about Hayden like that! 

I kissed her cheek and then whispered, "Hayden, you have no idea what you're doing to me." with that I grabbed another blanket and pillow and layed on the ground. 

I sighed before closing my eyes. For some reason I feel like getting close to Hayden will change my life forever. And that is something that I don't mind happening....