MTBT: Chapter Four

Hayden.

As soon as Joey dropped me off at the school I rushed to the locker room to change into practice gear before putting wrap on my knee.

It wasn't nearly hurting as it did last night but to help make an excuse as to why I was late for practice so coach doesn't kill me.

Coach was giving the team a talk when I made my appearance.

"Look who decided to show up." Said a stern looking coach.

I looked at Donna who gave me a 'I tried my best' look.

"I had to wrap up my knee, sorry coach." Please take the bait, please take the bait!

"How is it doing by the way, you okay?" He asked.

"Way better than when it happened. Just gotta keep it wrapped up for a bit."

"Great." Then he looked around at the rest of the team. "Warm ups go!"

Warm ups consisted of stretches, two suicides, ten runs of layups on both the right and left side, shooting and making five shots in every spot possible on the court before we went over plays.

By the time practice was over I was laying on my back on the court, panting out of breath.

Let's just say we walked when getting a water break and coach didn't like that which in the end resulted to us running for half an hour of suicides till practice was over.

"I think I'm gonna die." Muttered Donna from beside me.

"Tell me about it." Gasped Natalie.

"Hay?" Donna asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why were you late?"

I blushed, "I-I umm was not at home." I said hoping she'd buy it but I knew that was a long shot.

"I heard from the party last night that Joey was seen carrying you out of the house." Smirked Natalie.

"What?!" Exclaimed Carlie.

"Nothing happened if that's what's the problem." I said getting up and pulling up my sweatpants.

"Then why were you late?"

"No reason!" I blushed.

"She's totally in denial, she's blushing!" Laughed Natalie.

"Whatever, I'm leaving." I grumbled out pulling over my basketball bag.

As soon as I walked out the back doors I finally remembered that I didn't drive here. Joey took me.

Well crap.

"Just the girl I was looking for." Said a familiar voice from beside me.

"Holy shit Joey!" I yelled hitting him.

He was just laughing, "You should have seen your face."

"Why are you even here?"

"Came to take you home of course." he smiled that adorable smile. Wait, adorable?

"You really waited two hours for me to get out?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Well no...?" He said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I swear I saw some blush on his face.

"Aww look who's blushing." I laughed pinching his cheek.

"Stop it." He grumbled swatting my hand away. But that didn't stop him from laughing which made me laugh too. "So how was practice?" He asked me after we finally left school grounds.

"It was good at first but then was hell. Some girls decided to walk during a water break which ended up with us running suicides for the last half hour of practice. I feel like I'm going to die." I muttered as I leaned my head back in the seat.

"I can tell, you smell like hell." He smirked.

"Ass." I gave him a shove.

"Hey! No hitting the driver!!" He yelled which made me laugh.

"Do you think Holden will hate me? You know for being at your house and yelling at him?" I turned to look at him.

"He'd never be mad at you Hay, you're his twin, other half. As for me, I'm sure he'll want to kick my ass."

"I won't let him." I smiled at him.

I don't know why, but there's something about Joey that makes me so drawn to him. I've never felt this way about him before, out of the whole time my brother and him have been friends. So why now?

It was silent the rest of the way to my house. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was more comfortable which was hard to find in people.

The noise of his car turning off is what got out of my trance.

"Thanks for everything Joey, I really do appreciate it."

"Anytime." He smiled which made me want to run my fingers through his hair or cup his cheek.

And with that I opened the door and got out of the car, but not before waving one last time.

"Glad to know you're home and not with lover boy." I heard my twin say.

"What the hell Holden! Do you have to be all creepy like and scare the hell out of me?!" I yelled placing a hand over my hectic beating heart.

"Why were you all buddy buddy with Joey?" He scowled at me.

"I got drunk at the party and he was the only one there to actually take care of me." I scowled back at him.

"You could have called me!"

"Yeah and disturb your time with sluty McSlut slut? Yeah no thank you. Plus you totally ditched me for her. Your own twin for that whore."

"Hey, don't call her that!" Was he really defending her?

"You're seriously defending her over me? I can't believe you're my brother. I don't know what you've done to my twin, but I'd like to have him back soon asap." I then turned around and headed to my room.

It's when I finally lock my door that I slid down and cried once more into my knees.

-----------------------------------------------------------
It's kinda short but there you go. Finally updated!!! Tell me what you think!

Oh and if you would please check out my story "Just A Kiss" that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

VOTE.
COMMENT.
FAN.
<3 Always, 
LostFindingMyself