MTBT: Chapter Three

Hayden.

Who the hell was pounding on the door so early! "Go away!" I yelled at no one in particular.

"Who you talking to?" asked a familiar voice. Is that Joey..?

At this point my eyes open widely and my body sprung up from this amazingly comfy bed that I knew wasn't mine. "Where am I?" I yelled which I regretted as I cringed at how loud my voice was.

"My room. You're at my house and your brother has been sending me threat messages." he mumbled sitting next to me on the bed handing me a cup of water and some aspirin.

"You'll definitely needs these." he joked as I swallowed the pills and chugged the water.

"So when is this pounding headahe supposed to go away." I asked closing my eyes hoping it'd go away soon. "What time is it?" I groaned some more before I swung my legs on the side of the bed.

"It's a little past ten, why?"

"Hell. I just want to sleep all day. What'd you even put in that drink you gave me?"

"That, I cannot tell you." he smirked.

"You got me drunk you jerk!" I yelled hitting him.

He just smirked, "You needed to relax and have fun. Come on, tell me when the last time you actually laughed and had fun." I stayed silent for a few moments. "Exactly." he smiled. "You can go ahead and take a shower in my bathroom if you want to. I'm sure you don't want to be in clothes that reak of alcohol when you get home.

"But I don't have extra clothes." my eyebrows scrunched up on my forehead as I got confused.

"You can barrow a pair of sweats and a shirt of mine." he said getting up and grabbing those things from his dresser. "Here." he smiled handing it to me.

I looked at him and couldn't help but smile. "Ah thanks." I finally mumbled.

"I'll just be down stairs when you're done." he smiled and with that he walked out of his room closing the door behind him.

I made my way to his bathroom and closed the door. I leaned against it for support as I closed my eyes.

What the hell Hayden! Get your head out of the hormonial gutter! I shook my head, and shredded my disgustingly smelling clothes and turned on the shower. Once I stepped foot into the shower, my muscles began to relax and the pain in my knee was starting to subside.

The only shampoo I found was Joey's axe bottle and since there was nothing else to use, I squirted some soap into my hands and scubbed my head.

After about twenty minutes of being in the shower, I wrapped the towel around me and looked at myself in the mirror. There is absolutely no way Joey could have any interest in me. There was nothing special about the way my eyes were or how my hair looked.

Despite talking so rudely of myself, I put on his shirt and sweatpants and combed my hair with my fingers before opening the door back to his bedroom and out down the stairs. Just then I could smell something so amazing that lead back to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen, I see Joey flipping over a pancake and frying up an egg. I hopped onto the barstool and waited for him to turn around. "Hayden you better hurry up with your shower!!" he screamed, might I add a bit too loud, especially for this stupid migraine.

"You could tone it down a little bit." I said.

"Shit! Geez Hayden, you didn't have to scare the living shit out of me." he said trying to get his breathing back to normal.