Angst! Damain x GN! reader

Hey guys! I know it has been a while but here I am writing a new story lol. Imma start writing stories a lil bit frequently now! Hope you like this story with a gender neutral reader! This entire story is based on this song/cover.

Warning: there is some fluff at the end♡

~y/n's pov~

I was training with Bruce in the training room and I'm getting my ass kicked by him. Never knew he was so strong before since this was my first time training with him.

"Alrigh y/n, let's take a break." Bruce said while helping me up. I took his hand and took a seat on the bench that was there. "You're improving a lot. Good job." He said before walking away.

'Did I just get complimented by Bruce Wayne? The Batman?' I thought to myself.

"Hmph. It's rare to get a compliment from Father." A voice said. I looked to my left and saw Damian resting against the doorframe with both arms crossed.
(A/n. Sorry I forgot to mention that this story takes place during Batman Bad Blood and you are the same age as Damian in the movie.)

"Well impress him more than you can get more out of him." I said while getting up to walk out. As I was on my way out, I bumped into his shoulder on purpose. I don't know what the damn League of Assians do to him for him to have a stick up his ass. I heard a whistle and I turn to where the noise came from and it came from Dick Grayson himself.

"You sure told him, y/n." He said with a smirk on his face.

"I don't know why he always has a stupid boot up his ass. I've been trying to be nice to him ever since Bruce brought him here but all he sees me as a weak pest." I ranted.

"You aren't weak y/n. Ever since Bruce saved you from the Joker, you proved yourself to be part of his little band." Dick stated.

"Is that what this is to you?" I smiled.

"Ha yeah." He joked as he ruffled my hair.

"I told you not to do that anymore. Anyway I'm going home now, see you later and tell Bruce and Alfred I said goodbye!" I said before running away.

~time skip~

That day. I should've said bye to Bruce because that was the last day I saw him. He disappeared a day after. We all looked for him for a while but we couldn't find him. Dick took his place as Batman and Damian started working with him. Throughout the days, a new vigilante came to help. She called herself Batwoman and it was revealed that she was Kate Kane. Another vigilante also came to fight. He called himself Batwing and it turned out to be Lucius's son Lucas aka Luke. We finally found out that Talia had took him and brainwashed him. We were suiting up before we head out.

"Everyone remembers the plan right?" Dick asked.

"Repeat it again for l/n here. They didn't get the last plan the first time." Damian remarked.

"Oh shut up. It. Was. An. Accident. Get that through your damn head." I said angrily.

"If it weren't for your "mistake" we would've saved my father!" Damian yelled.

"And I get that, moron!" We were in eachothers faces at this point.

"Alright break it up." Dick said while pushing us away from eachother.

"Tch just keep this useless trash out of my way." Damian said while walking away. I shook my head and walked away as well. I went into the bathroom and went to the mirror. I looked at myself. All I see is a useless boy/girl with h/l h/c and with e/c eyes that had nothing but tears in it. Truth is, I always did like Damian but with all the stuff he said to me I hate him but I still like him.